Chapter six

Gathering my bags from my bedroom, I left the room and headed downstairs

Gathering my bags from my bedroom, I left the room and headed downstairs. I felt nauseous all morning and all of yesterday especially after the hell of a night I had a few nights ago.

Nathanial was already waiting in the living room with Natalia and Olessia. I knew I was going to leave my daughter in the best of hands but as a mother, I knew that this would have a tremendous effect on my wellbeing. After all, this was the first time I would be away from her for more than a day.

Three weeks to be exact.

"Let me help you with this," Nate said as he spotted me at the top of the stairs and approached me with Evara, who was clinging to his back. I smiled as I thanked him and watched him put away my bags by the door.

I looked to the side where Nat and Olessia sat on the couch and approached them. The latter immediately smiled and hugged me the moment I sat down next to her.

"I'm going to miss you," she told me. "But I'll have your clone, so I guess I'll survive," I chuckled as Nate approached and put Eva down beside me.

"She'll be alright," Nathanial said. "And most importantly, you will too. You know that Eva will be well taken care of and I will help you when we're there," I nodded and looked over at my daughter who began to run around the room while she mumbled something under her breath.

"I hope things will go well," I muttered. "I'm experiencing paranoia from the many possible outcomes," I didn't need to look at Nate to know that he rolled his eyes. "Imagine what you would do if you were in my position," I looked up at him as he sat down on one of the armchairs.

"I would've told him immediately after ensuring that he would keep his mouth shut. You would've saved yourself the sorrow and you would've saved him from another marriage," Olessia snorted, making me frown.

"Not now, Nate," his mother warned him. He just raised his hand up in defence.

"She asked me what I would do and I told her."

"Everything will be fine," Natalia said before reaching out and placing her hand on my knee. I smiled at her gratefully and looked down at my lap. "And besides, go according to the situation. If you feel like he won't take it well at that moment, walk away," she added. "A woman's instinct is never wrong," I nodded before Nate's phone started to ring and he stood up.

"Excuse me," he said and walked away into the smaller hallway that led to the bathroom and a few storage rooms.

"I wish I could go there," Natalia said. "I could at least be there to support you," I smiled at her and nodded.

"It's alright. I've waited long enough and it was my choice to hide it from him. I've made my bed and I have to lie in it," Natalia looked at me sympathetically.

We heard Nate raise his voice as he spoke in Italian and one look at Natalia made me aware he was probably speaking to Nicolas.

"Well, when you see Vittoria, give her a big hug. I miss her tremendously," I smiled and nodded, grateful for the distraction of sorts.