Chapter twenty-seven

I could've sworn that I heard someone walking back and forth past my bedroom door but I wrote it off, thinking it was some maids or whatever

Heading out of my bedroom, I tucked my phone into the pocket of my jeans and headed downstairs. Nicolas had asked me to go into his office and retrieve a piece of paper he needed at the office. It would be awkward if I was found by someone in Nico's office when he wasn't even in the estate but that's why I needed to be careful.

I checked my surroundings and once I was certain the coast was clear, I entered his office and locked the door once I was inside. I wasn't going to risk anything.

Nicolas's name flashed on the screen, making me jump from the unexpected occurrence. I smiled once I saw his face on my screen, looking handsome and loving all at the same time. Nicolas's smile was one of the things that I was starting to not be able to live without.

"Hello," he smiled before leaning back in a chair he sat in.

"Ciao, fiore."

"How come you knew I was in your office?" He frowned and thought for a minute but then laid the truth down.

"I will be honest, I watched you through the camera," I wanted to be mad at him but it wasn't like he was stalking me without a reason.

"So, what do you need?" I walked over to his desk and sat down on the leather chair.

"Open the second drawer from the top and look for a file with the name SUCCESSION," I did as he instructed and took out that brown folder with the title on top. "Got it?" I nodded. "Open to page five and send me a photo of it," he instructed further. I did as he wished and sent the photo to him. I managed to read a few lines on the actual file which intrigued me slightly too much.

If the heir fulfils the demands of the first party, he/she is able to inherit everything under Eduardo Salucci's name.

"What is this?" I asked Nicolas while he was busy reading the page on his phone.

"His terms. Eduardo's, I mean," he clarified. "I just got Allegra to fake a pregnancy," I was taken aback but since I knew something about it, I trusted Nicolas not to be interested in her. I would literally cut his fucking dick off if I found out he actually liked her.

"How the hell were you able to do that?" He smiled before looking at the camera. "Are you looking at me or smiling at your will?" He chuckled.

"I'm taking in my wonderful flower's beauty," I almost rolled my eyes at the cheesiness but I would be lying if I said the comment didn't make me smile.

"So, tell me how you fooled the girl into faking a pregnancy?" I asked again, curiosity taking the best of me.

"I don't think you'll like it."

"Unless you actually fucked her, I'll be fine," he smiled.

"I did not. I did have to kiss her a few times but it was all because she wanted that. I wanted her to think I actually liked her," I looked back at the folder containing the supposed terms. "But just so you know, I almost threw up from it," I couldn't hold back a laugh.