Chapter twenty

I walked around the many cars parked in the garage as I waited for Nicolas to grace me with his presence

I walked around the many cars parked in the garage as I waited for Nicolas to grace me with his presence. It was probably a reckless move to invite him over for dinner and talk about the three years he and I were robbed of courtesy of me, but it was the only thing that came to mind when I saw him. I guess I spoke before I thought but I didn't necessarily complain.

For the occasion, I decided to wear a new outfit I had purchased back at home. It was a two-piece, made up of a light brown, puffed-sleeve crop top with a sweetheart neckline and a tight matching-coloured skirt that reached just below my knees. I opted for a pair of black heels and a black clutch purse to match them.

I wondered if I should've removed the necklace I had on as well as the bracelets I had on but decided against it. If he looked close enough, he would be able to read Evara's name and then some date on the cuffs around my wrist but I wasn't too worried about that. I hoped I would be able to explain it all to him before he had the time to search for any clues on my body.

Despite beginning to get ready almost an hour before, the emotional preparations took most of that time and left little to fix my hair. Due to that, I just straightened it and left it loose which wasn't the worst idea since the finished look was decent enough.

I looked at one of the black cars parked here and admired the soft curves and the design of the Mercedes-Benz S-class sedan. It was a beautiful car that reeked of wealth and once I turned to look at a McLaren standing beside it, I almost jumped after seeing Nicolas in front of the door and leaning against the wall closest to him.

He looked handsome in his black suit with a white dress shirt underneath. I smiled as he eyed me without a noticeable emotion on his face. The only thing that was giving me some sort of ease was his eyes which practically tried to swallow me whole.

"Hi," I said, making him look into my eyes from a few cars away. I finally saw the corner of his lips lift and smiled in return.

"Hi, fiore," I swore felt dizzy the moment I heard that nickname leave his mouth. I had forgotten just how nice it felt to hear it in situations like these.

"So, where are we heading?" I asked as he walked down a few stairs and made his way towards me, his eyes seeming to never leave my body.

"I have a reservation made," he said once he was right in front of me. His one hand touched the side of my face as he stared at my face and took all of me in.

"Shall we?" I wanted nothing more than to stand here with him and just enjoy the moment but we were under bigger risks right now. We couldn't afford to let anyone discover our presence in this spot. I pulled back from Nicolas, sensing that he wouldn't make a move until I did. With a moment of anticipation, I waited for him to indicate which vehicle we should take.

"The Mercedes," he said while never looking away from me. I looked at the car to my right that I had been admiring just minutes before and heard the lock open. Nicolas opened the passenger door and after I smiled at him, I climbed into the car. I buckled up as he made his way around the car to his own seat. Once we were both confined to a small space, I finally began to feel nervous.