6. You don't want to hang out with me?

Hongjoong woke up the next day with some major mixed feelings. He felt warmth remembering the gentle Seonghwa he got to hang out with yesterday while they were shopping, but he couldn't help the fact his heart sunk a little when he walked into the kitchen in the morning to start preparing the cookies, and he found the 19 year old with his arm wrapped around Wooyoung's waist and San sitting next to them, with this huge hickey on his neck.

"Good morning!" Wooyoung smiled at him and Hongjoong didn't say anything, just nodded, scared that his voice would break if he spoke.

Hongjoong tried to ignore the knot in his stomach and explained to himself that yesterday's Seonghwa was just doing him a favour and he was nice because he probably was bored and had no energy left to act up in his 'bad boy' agenda. Maybe the older had also just gave up on trying to impress Hongjoong with his smirks and directness because he came to the realisation that Hongjoong wouldn't sleep with him anyway.

He started preparing the cookies and blocked out the conversation that was going on behind him by putting on his headphones and listening to his playlist. They three soon left the kitchen and Hongjoong finally could breathe freely, finishing off the dough and forming small balls with it and placing them on a baking tray. He was humming along to the songs while taking out the first batch out of the oven. He almost screamed and dropped it when he felt someone's hands grabbing his sides from behind. Hongjoong whipped his head back and dropped the tray onto the counter, annoyed.

"Don't." He grumbled pushing Seonghwa's hands away with his elbows. Hongjoong slid his headphone down onto his neck and turned to the older.

"It's already 1 pm, you're still grumpy from waking up?"

"No." He returned to making the cookies and slapped Seonghwa's hand, when the taller tried to reach for one of the already baked goods. "Don't eat them."

"Why? They're for me anyway." He pouted.

"They're not yours until I give them to you." Hongjoong put his headphones back on and turned away from the teenager, who scrunched his face confused. The older huffed and left the kitchen soon after.

He finished baking the cookies just as Yeosang and Jongho came over and they all sat in the living room, playing video games.

"Hongjoong hyung, are you alright today? You seem annoyed." Jongho asked suddenly and everyone in the room turned to look at Hongjoong. Except for Seonghwa.

"No, I'm okay. Just tired." He forced a smile and Wooyoung frowned, glancing between him and Seonghwa.

"You still haven't made up?" His cousins whined. "I asked you to clear the air yesterday!"

"We haven't fought, he's just being a bitch today." Seonghwa said and Hongjoong gaped at him.

"Are you being serious right now?" He asked and the older rolled his eyes, focusing on the game.

Seonghwa, who Hongjoong got to know yesterday in privacy, and Seonghwa who was surrounded by his friends, was a complete different person. And Hongjoong felt conflicted as he disliked one of them but the other made his heart flutter.

"Okay, fuck you too." He murmured and stood up to go upstairs and close himself in his room. Suddenly, he didn't even want to give him the cookies, he had already made.

He spent the whole day in his bedroom and only when it wasn't that hot outside anymore and the sky turned dark, he opened his window to get some fresh air in, before going to the bed. His eyes involuntarily landed on Seonghwa's room and he noticed the older boy sitting on a plastic chair on his balcony, smoking. They met gazes and Seonghwa scrunched his face again, taking his phone out of his pocket.