7. I tell you a lot of things.

When Friday came around, Hongjoong was a little worried about what he'd tell the Jungs. Obviously, his aunt and uncle would be okay with him sleeping over at Mingi's and they'd buy that excuse, but Wooyoung would definitely question him if he got all dressed up for the party. That's why he was so relieved when his cousins left the house around 7 pm to San, taking Kyungmin along so that the boy could play with the blonde's cat.

Seonghwa messaged him around noon to be ready by 9 pm so now he didn't even have an hour left to get ready. He stood in front of his wardrobe with still dripping hair, as he just left the bathroom, and sighed deeply.

Hongjoong:
what should i wear?

He sent the message and decided to do his make-up first. He didn't want to overdo it so he just focused on putting some eyeliner around his eyes and wear a few of his silver earrings. He also dried out his hair and made sure he parted the light and dark side of it evenly. By the time he was happy with his hairstyle he got a message and quickly checked it.

Seonghwa:
Something sexy.

Hongjoong rolled his eyes, his fingers already flying across the keyboard.

Hongjoong:
i don't have anything like that :|

Seonghwa:
Why :|

Seonghwa sent the message in a clear mocking manner and the younger pouted, already typing that he'll just stay home and the older can go alone if he's so disappointed about it.

Seonghwa:
Just wear something you're comfortable in. And look cute so I can show you off to people ;)

Hongjoong slowly erased his already written with annoyance text, while trying to ignore the butterflies in his stomach.

'So I can show you off to people.'

He was rereading the text for another minute and finally put his phone down, focusing on all the clothes in front of him.

Eventually he picked out a black pair of loose jeans, that's he had changed the design a bit with some patchworks when he first thrifted them, and a white shirt he partially tucked into the pants. He also rolled up its sleeves a bit and made sure the first 2 buttons were opened. After putting his metal chain necklace on, he deemed himself to look presentable.

At least he hoped so.

He told his aunt that he'll be home late today and took the spare set of keys. He quickly crossed the road and rang the doorbell not wasting a second.

"Hi, Hongjoong." Miss Park opened the doors and immediately let him inside. "Do you need something, dear?" The woman looked tired, but Hongjoong noticed her nursing clothes. She was probably on her way to the hospital for the night shift again.

"Good evening, Miss Park. Seonghwa-"

"I'll be downstairs in a minute!" The teenager's voice was heard from his room and his mother nodded, understanding.

"Hongjoong sweetie, if you'd be so kind and told me." The woman started, lowering her voice. "Are you going to the city? He never tells me where he'll be or at what time he'll be home and I'm always worried sick at work." Hongjoong felt his chest clenching at Seonghwa's mother request. Was the older really never talking to his mum? Like, at all?

"I'm sorry but I'm not really sure myself... He told me we'd go to a party 30 minutes from the town, if that helps." He smiled apologetically and the woman sighed nodding. "I can try and ask him and then let you know?"

"It would be wonderful, honey." She smiled back and petted his arm.

"What are you doing?" Seonghwa appeared on the steps fixing his leather jacket and looked at the two with a weirded out expression. "Come on, let's go." He said to Hongjoong, not dropping his eyes from his mother's hand, that was still rested on the younger's shoulder.