Chapter 6 - Sword

A/N: Things really start to pick up after this chapter! I hope you enjoy it and thank you for reading!

---

After a completed mission Kyojuro Rengoku would usually head home, but not this time. This time he patiently stood within a jeweller shop as he waited for the repaired necklace, this time with more durable protection on it. Even in a place like this, filled with shiny decorative jewels, he was still the brightest there. It showed, as while people were meant to be gazing at the precious necklaces, ear rings, bracelets and rings, they still looked to him with awestruck gazes. It was so unique to have bright yellow and red hair that they had to wonder if he had dyed it, and if he did, how such unusual colours could suit him. The Flame Hashira paid no mind to them, his sword safely hidden from sight. He was there for quite some time, it should have bothered him. For most, it would have. But he had grown with so much patience he was willing to even wait years, as long as he got to return it to Y/N.

"Apologies for your wait, we have restored the jewel to the best of our ability." The business man spoke, displaying in a beautiful felt box the necklace. It glistened like new, and it brought back fond memories that made Kyojuro's heart run a little faster. "However while it is almost like new, we have tried our best and with extensive research, we were unable to find the exact replica of the blue gemstones. Please accept a discount on the price as an apology."

"It is of no worry!" The male laughed out, joyous to see the jewel return to its former glory. It had seen battle, he knew. And he had told them that it would need to be more durable in the future, if they had done that, then one missing gemstone was no concern. "I will find the gemstone myself!" The jeweller almost turned blue with shock. This was one of the best stores in the land, and even they couldn't find it.

"Please, if you have any information regarding this gemstone it will help me greatly in my search!"

"Well, from our research we have found that the most reasonable way for the gemstone to get such a unique shade of blue is that it was found underground." The jeweller's gaze narrowed on the little stones. "The most likely scenario of the colour is that it was infused with a mythological flower, the blue spider lily. When those flowers passed and became part of the ground, it created a chemical reaction that created these stones much later. A very rare jewel indeed, if that is in fact real..."

"Thank you good sir, for now I will take this necklace. Good luck to your business!" And with that he paid and left the store, the jewels in the shop never outshining his flame.

---

The person wandered slowly to the Rengoku estate, his hat hiding his face, which was also hidden by a red mask. The jingling sounds of decorations hung from his hat let them know that he was approaching. Senjuro grinned, excited for Y/N as she watched with wonder. This culture was so different, and interesting at the same time. In a good way. Finally the male form reached them.

"My name is Haganezuka. I have forged Y/N L/N's sword, I am here to deliver it..."

"Of course, she's right here! Would you like to come in for-" Senjuro started, as gentle and as kind as always.

"This is the Nichirin Sword. I forged it." Senjuro at this point, surprised to be interrupted watched in shock as the blacksmith started to discuss the craftsmanship of the weapon. The person who had made his was never this peculiar, rather, they were quite friendly. Their family having manufactured swords for the Rengoku family for generations. And while he found it odd, Y/N found it entirely interesting. She listened with wide eyes, unaware of the method used to forge the swords she had been using for years. And suddenly she forgot about the fact that it was probably impolite for them to leave him standing out here as he revealed her new weapon. Senjuro being the only one flustered as he tried to persuade them both to come inside for tea.