Chapter 13

Ishaan's POV

Today I didn't go to college because I have a slight fever

"Mom, you and Dadi were going shopping, right?"

"Yes, Ishu, but I cancelled it"

"Why?"

"You have a fever, how can we leave you alone?"

"Mom, I'm fine. You both can go, it's just a flu"

"No, beta"

"Mom, please, for me!"

"Okay, but take care of yourself, haan! I'II be back by evening"

"Okay, Mom. Bye enjoy!"

"Bye"

After they left, I watched some TV and played the guitar for some time. Then, I thought to take a nap, but when I was about to sleep, the doorbell rang.

"Vidhi"

"Hi, Ishaan"

"Hi, come inside. How come you're here?"

"Well, actually, you didn't come to college today and I was getting worried, so I thought I'd check up on you to see if everything is okay or not" She said smiling shyly.

"Thank you for your concern, Ms" I said grinning.

"You're welcome. but tell me the reason why you didn't come to college"

"I have a slight fever. Mom said that I should stay at home. I told her it's just a normal fever, but she denied"

"Aunty did the right thing. You have a fever, you should rest. Why are you roaming all over the house?"

"Vidhi, it's just a normal fever. I'm perfectly alright"

"No, I said go and rest. Simultaneously, I will make something for you to eat"

"Okay, madam ji"

She laughed and then started making porridge for me, but in between, I went into the kitchen.

"What did I tell you earlier"

"What? I said looking innocently at her.

"I told you to rest!"

"I'm getting bored alone, Vidhi. That's why I came here"

"Okay.....If you're here, can you please give me the container? My hand can't reach there"

"Of course"

The container was on the cupboard, and Vidhi was standing just below it. When I reached for the container, my eyes fell on her. We were close, my hot breath was fanning on her cheeks, making them blush like a tomato. Some strands of hair were falling on her face, so I pushed them back and looked into her warm brown eyes deeply. Once again, my hazel eyes met her warm brown ones. We were enjoying the moment when suddenly the doorbell rang, and we separated from each other.

"I.....think...there's someone at the door. I'II check" I said, we both were blushing hard.

"Y-yes..." She wasn't able to make eye contact with me because of shyness.