Chapter 17

Ishaan's POV

I kneeled in front of her, I saw her colour of the face drained. But I ignored it and started confessing my love!

"Vidhi, when I first saw you my heart skipped a beat. It felt like I was watching an angel coming straight from heaven. Whenever you called my name or touched my hands, an electric eruption rose in my body. I felt a different connection with you, that I hadn't felt with anyone else. I didn't realise when I fall in love with you. Your childish acts, excitement in everything makes me fall more deeply for you. You are the most beautiful, innocent soul I have ever seen. I LOVE YOU...."

I said, staring at her intently, I was searching for the same desperation for me in her eyes, but I didn't see anything. Her eyes were blank so was she.

"Ishaan... I ... I .. don't l..o..ve you, sorry I.. thought.. you .. as my best.. friend" she started sobbing

When she said that, I felt a pang in my heart, but I didn't show it. Instead I smiled

"Don't cry Vidhi... It's.. it's ... okay. I'm..not forcing.. you to return my love"

"Remember I am always with you. Whenever you need me you can call or text me. I'll be there" I wiped her tears and hugged her but she didn't hug me back

Then she ran towards her house, leaving me all alone. I wasn't able to control myself and I broke into tears. I was feeling betrayed.

How foolish of me to think that she had fallen in love with me. I'm just a boy who wants attention from my friends. When I was in my old city there was not a single friend of mine. I was a lonely kid, and the condition is the same. But no matter, what I'll be always there for her.

I got up and returned to my house and tried to avoid everyone's conversation. I took a shower and tried to sleep, but sleep was miles away from my eyes.

Vidhi's POV

After he confessed his love to me, I was blank, speechless. I didn't know how to react. I didn't feel anything about him, he is just a good friend of mine. When I said that I don't love him, I saw a glint of hurt in his eyes, but he quickly covered it with his charming smile and said he will be forever with me. I didn't mean to hurt him. I am so bad. I hurt everyone!

I ran from there, I was walking on the street like a lost puppy. When I reached home, my friends were gone and my family members were waiting for me

"What happened sweetie, are you crying?"

"No, mom the surprise was good, I got a little emotional"

"Aww" she hugged me

"Good night mom, I'm a little sleepy. We will talk later"

"Okay sweetie, good night"

I moved towards my bedroom, and laid down on the bed. The scenes were revolving around my mind. I was unable to sleep. I was sobbing the whole night.

The next day, when I looked in the mirror, my eyes were baggy and my playful face was gone. There was another girl standing in front of me.This was not me.I freshened up and went to my college

"Hey, Vidhi what's up, you look dull today, what happened? Is everything okay?"

"Hmm everything is alright, let's go. Our lecture is going to start" Khushi was shouting my name. But I ignored it, and went to attend my class.

In between classes, I was zoning out a lot for which I got scolded by the teacher when the college was over, I went towards the maingate. Ishaan hasn't come today. What happened to him? I think he is sad because of me. I'm the main problem here. I felt someone shook me, I came out of my trance.

"Vidhi, what happened? You were zoning out in lectures too, tell us we could find a solution for it" Aman said confronting me

"Who are you to find me a solution? There is no solution, everything is messed up. And don't interfere in my personal issues. It's none of your business" I stated angrily looking at him

I have never shouted at anyone. This was the first time, everyone was looking at me like I was some kind of creature from another planet. I marched towards my house ignoring their calls.