Epilogue

Omfg I can't believe I'm publishing this!

Ahana's pov:

Four years later,

"Randhir!"
I called him out handling him his wallet and the man just took it from my hand without so much as glancing at my face.

"Randhir, suniye toh?"
I tried again when he filled my hairline, wiping away the fallen vermillion from my nose but yet again ignored me easily, pocketing his phone and wearing his wristwatch, picked up his car keys.

"Stop behaving like a child, will you?"
Having enough of his temper tantrum, I growled, holding his elbow just as he was about to leave the room but he instantly shrugged my hand away throwing a glare of his own at me.

"Tum bekar ki zid karna band karo, Ahana!"

"Stop taking my name!"
I retorted stopping him midway, my anger at its peak while this idiot husband of mine just smirked knowing full well how much I hate when calls me by my name instead of the different endearments that he has for me.

"Baby, listen!"
He sighed, cupping my face and kissed my forehead while I drew out a breath myself. His one gesture enough to calm me down considerably.

"Do we always have to fight and have disputes all the time? I always support you in all your decisions without a question but just this one time I'm asking you to let the matter go. Can you do that for me, this one time? Please?"
But I just couldn't do that. It was a serious and delicate matter why isn't he understanding that?

"But you aren't understanding Randhir choti will be heartbroken, she loves—"

"I will handle her, you don't have to worry about it!"
He cut me off without letting me complete and the next second was out of my sight and I groaned, stomping my feet on the ground. If you all think that spending all these years together and loving each other unconditionally would lessen our disputes then y'all couldn't be more wrong. We still fought, we still had disputes and we still had clashes of opinion like crazy but we never let that come in between us. The moment both of us are on our bed and he takes me in his arm, we are just us. Our differences behind us, to be continued the other day.

"Bhabhi?"
Choti looked at me hopefully as soon as I came in the living room and I gave a helpless look to her to which she smiled at me in understanding though her hurt couldn't be hidden away. She silently went and took her place on the dining table beside Randhir who on cue kissed her temple upon seeing her, wishing her morning. Glancing their way one last time, I made my way in the kitchen where Uma aunty had our breakfast ready.

Over the years Randhir convinced me easily to keep a helper seeing how tiring it would get for the both of us to handle chores at home after work. There are still days when we give an off to Uma aunty doing all the house work together which feels like an unwinding for us, bringing us more together in the process. It is our thing, our timely ritual.

"Aunty, mein ye le jati hu! Aap juice le aayein!"
Taking the tray of breakfast from her, I requested with a smile and she nodded with a smile of her own. Making my way to the dining table, I put the tray down and Randhir didn't waste a second serving for me and choti, filling our plates himself.

"Here!"
I forwarded my fork, tearing a piece of omelette to him and he simply opened his mouth, taking the first bite after which he started with his breakfast. This was a ritual as well. Choti kept her head down, playing with her breakfast rather than eating the food. Her face had the most sullen look I've ever seen. I gulped a bite myself but not being able to take it anymore, I started