chapter twenty two.

-Zaid gonzales.

I glide across the ice as i speed with the puck around one of the players. Another player comes from my right . I smoothly glide past him and protests from my other team members to "pass the puck" . I block them out as i lift up my stick into the air and use more strength in my right arm and hits the puck through the goalies legs. I let out a sigh as a small smile spreads across my face.

Coach decided to split the team in half to practice for our upcoming game. The past few days I've been here I've noticed that the guy liked me . Which i didn't understand . I was a pain in the ass and i knew it. At my last school , my damn coach didn't even like me . He claimed i was too "emotionally unavailable " which in his case was good because I've talked myself so many times into not burning that whole fucking ice rink to the ground.
I hear some of the players skate toward me . I take off my helmet as my matted hair sticks to my forward making me feel like i haven't showered in weeks.

"Fuck! That was good man" rahul says as he skates towards me and puts his hand around my shoulder . I stiffen at his touch. For as long as I've been here I've noticed this guy loves physical touch and to my suprise i didn't mind that much. The only thing that stopped me from hitting his face in was that he was my girls brother.

Miguel joins me on my other side "How the hell are you so fast? You're like a fucking tornado" he chuckles and pats my shoulders . I shrug at the terminology he used .

"What the hell? The main thing about hockey is to pass . When you see a damn open shot . You pass to the open player . Not twirl like a fucking ballerina on ice!" Seth growls as he skates towards us ...bringing everyones attention to us. All the other players on our team joins as i roll my eyes at seths dramatically outburst.

I hear rahul chuckle from beside me "Seth ,chill man . He did good. And not like good. Like really good. He may even be better than you" he teases . I smirk as i cross my arms and look at seth.

The colour has been drained from his face as he glares daggers at rahul. He clenches his helmet into his hands as he bites the inside of his cheek.

Oh someones scared im gonna take his spot on the team.

Seth shakes his head as he scoffs "No one's better than me . Especially not some guy who showed up out of nowhere and just randomly joined our team. I think the fuck not"

I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling as i chuckle lowly "Well wasn't that just me gliding past you a few seconds ago? like you were just some rookie?or was i mistaken?" I say as i make a thinking face.

"You didn't pass shit! That was just luck . I could've easily taken that puck from you!" He growls.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night princess" i sing song.

Red coats his face as he looks at his friends next to him "Lets go. Fuck this" he says as he skates away furiously . His friends on his tail.

"I don't know why the guy is so threatened by you , but i love it . You give him a run for his money " miguel says from beside me as we skate off the ice.

I furrow my eyebrows "Aren't you like friends with that "guy?" . Both of you?"

Rahul scoffs "We were , until i heard that he embarrassed my sister infront of everyone . Sick fuck"

My blood instantly boils as i hear him mention my fox. I bite the inside of my cheek as i try not to explode infront of them . I let out a breath as i control my breathing "What do you mean? How did he embarrass her?"

"He called her out for not being pretty infront of all the hockey players and including some people " miguel says as we walk to the benches and take off our gear.