Setting Ground Rules

((Y/N)'s POV)

It was almost night time and Bri decided to go out grocery shopping, so we had the house to ourselves for a while, and Cream, Cheese, and Amy took this chance to see more of my house. They said it was really big, but I never went to another house, so I wonder how small a house can be... Maybe it only has 3 instead of 6 rooms or maybe it has 2 rooms. Cheese accidentally turned on the T.V. by sitting on the remote and this made the others look at it to see that it was on an adult show. It was boring, so I turned it on to one of my cartoons I'm allowed to watch and I think Cream and Cheese were liking it. Amy just went to look around some more until she looked at a family painting from when I was a baby.

Amy-Are these your parents?

(Y/N)-Yeah. I think this was the first family painting from when I was a baby.

Cream-Where are your parents now?

(Y/N)-I think my dad is somewhere in... Um... Well, he's on a business trip for his company and my mom is with him since she works with him.

Amy-And they left you here?

(Y/N)-Well, Bri lives here to keep an eye on me and she can be kinda mean sometimes, but it's ok.

Cream-Huh? Do your parents go out a lot for business?

Amy-When was the last time they were here?

(Y/N)-I think it was 2 weeks after my birthday... 4 months ago.

(Cream's POV)

I felt my heart break that (Y/N) hasn't seen his mother or father in 4 months, even after missing his birthday by so long. My mother would never do such a thing, nor should any parent and he even said Bri was mean to him, so they are not even leaving him with someone who can make him happy.

Cream's mind-Does he even know what a mother or father's love even feels like?

Amy even looked a little sorry for him and (Y/N) was looking at that painting a lot before he just went to the kitchen. I just looked at Amy then she looked at me before she came over and leaned in to whisper.

Amy-Do he really just say 4 months like it was normal?

Cream-They were even late for his birthday, so how long was that before?

Cheese-Choa.

The thought of that was just awful, but just then (Y/N) came running back in like he was scared of something and I was worried now too.

(Y/N)-She's here! Get back to my room now!

We quickly ran into the hall to get back to his room and hid there while he turned off the T.V. and followed us. We all made it to his room and he closed the door, but he stayed out in the hall. I was about to go out there with him to get him in here, but Amy stopped me by grabbing my arm.