Chapter 1

t/w: mentions of stabbing & murder.

SAMARIA RENEÈ JENKINS
12:41 a.m | MONDAY MORNING

LOCATION: PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA

SOME NIGHTS, SHE FOUND HERSELF looking outside of the window, watching the leaves depart from their once forever home. Falling down to the ground, only to become crispy leaves that people step on for enjoyment. Felt like how her life always was. Treated like nothing.

"Samaria?! Where are you?!" The voice made her flinch. Her hands were on her hoodie, waiting to be put on. Panic feeds the inside of her body as the heavy footsteps she dreads to hear, comes closer and closer to her room. The door is pulled on, but with no success, it doesn't open. A frustrated groan can be heard from the other side, as the door handle shakes in furry, the voice yells, "Open this door dammit! You know how I feel about locked doors!"

She looks back at the window once again. She's been planning this moment for months now. Her body is shaking from the adrenaline rush she's experiencing right now. She doesn't know what to do. Should she succeed with her plan that she's been holding off for months now, or face the person who's made her life hell since she was a kid?

Thoughts were spinning through her head like a wildfire. All she wanted to do was find peace. She knows she can't find it here. Not anymore. Not since that day happened.

Without a second thought, she places her hoodie on and grabs her duffle bag, it didn't have much, only a week worth of clothes, her toothbrush/paste, mouthwash, a couple of towels and rags and around $250 she stole from her father. She only had two pairs of shoes and one of them were pretty busted. So she was only leaving with one pair.

With a heavy breath. She makes her way to the window. She lived in a flat home, so jumping down from her window wouldn't be much of a hassle. Before she could step over the window seal, her room door bursts open and the man that's been haunting her for almost 10 years appears before her. Her face turns into horror.

"What do you think you're doing?!" He yells. She turns her head as she continues to hop from the window, falling to her feet, she shuffles for a few seconds before taking off, the sounds of her fathers voice echoes in her brain. She can't look back to see what's going on. She has to go, and fast.

This isn't the first attempt and she refuses for it to fail like it has the other times. She can't afford to go back. Not again.

She hears the sound of her father's truck roar. Her heart thumps as she keeps running. She makes a quick left before turning down a narrow sidewalk that was located in-between houses. She sucks in her breath as she hides behind the large blue dumpster, hearing her father's truck speed by. A sigh of relief escapes her lips. Free for now.

She waits a moment, before slowly leaving her spot and running down the street again. Even though he's out of sight, she can't risk being caught lingering out in the streets. He's going to be looking for her for a couple of hours. She'd taken from him and she knew he would want her to pay.

Too bad she's not going back.

The street was calm, as the night sky filled the streets as the broken street lights flickered from time to time. She makes her way down the street. The sounds of bugs echoing through the night. A familiar deja vú feeling all coming back to her as she comes back down this street again, this time, leaving for good.