Chapter 7

SAMARIA RENEÈ JENKINS
12:45 a.m | EARLY MONDAY MORNING

LOCATION: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

THEY WERE STILL RUNNING. THE sound of multiple feet hitting the pavement as everyone scurried away, the police officer can be heard in the distance as he's calling out each street he sees them on.

The other cop, who got in the car, wasn't far behind, the sound of their siren echoing the empty street. They haven't called for backup yet, figuring they can handle the squad of teens.

They've ran through people's yards, running into a couple of feisty dogs, Jayden stepping in dog poop; Sekani falling into a bush of thorns; Kimora tripping and falling on Marion; and Jayden and Samaria almost falling into a ditch.

The group had went through alot of to get back to the main street, trying to keep the cops from following suit but failing due to the big group.

Everyone is getting tired, being that they've been running for almost twenty minutes straight. Their legs burning each growing second.

"They not letting off us man." Marion says, his voice cracking from the lack of saliva, his breath panting almost every second, he wanted to stop, hell, everyone wanted to, but everyone knew the consequences behind it.

"I think we gotta split up." Sekani suggests. The group instantly agrees, knowing if they split up, the cops would have a hard time keeping up with all of them, possibly leading them to follow only one person instead.

Samaria was taken back at the sudden changes, she was still on Jayden's back, and she didn't know necessarily why they all agreed to spilt up so suddenly. No one was going to talk it out or anything?

"Same spot?" Kimora says, everybody besides Samaria agrees, it only was a few moments before everybody turned down different directions, Jayden and Samaria bussing a quick left and down the street, turning a sharp right.

"Fuck!" Samaria can hear the cop say, "Fuck! They split up, call for backup! Call for backup!" She hears his voice fade out as Jayden keeps running.

"Where are we going? And why did we split up? How would we even know where everybody else is at—" She had so many questions, how were they even this comfortable splitting up and not expecting at least one of them to get caught?

"Don't worry bout all that, we got a spot we meet up at when shit like this happens. It's normal."

"So you guys stay getting in trouble with the police?" Yeah, that's something she's definitely not into. "Put me down." Her voice was stern. Jayden slowly stops running, mainly figuring that he lost the cops by now. He comes to a stop, letting Samaria jump down, he turns around to face her.

"Why you wanted to get down?"

"I'm going back to my room." She says flatly. She was not about to be in the crowd of people who constantly was on the cops hot list. One wrong move and she'll be at the police department, they'll realize she's not from Baltimore, and considering she's still a minor, she'll be back on the ride home to her father.

That's something she'll pass on.

"What room?" Jayden says confusingly. Every encounter, it's something new with her. Although, it made sense seeing how she didn't have her belongings with her.