Chapter 8 *

t/w: mentions of intentional car accidents & dui's

ANDREW JENKINS
[SAMARIA'S FATHER]
9:00 a.m | SATURDAY MORNING

LOCATION: LEAVING PHILADELPHIA

THE LOUD SOUND OF HIS ENGINE can be heard from down the street. Andrew was just now leaving his home, being that it'll be the last time he'll be there for a while, he stayed and admired the place, reminiscing about the good times he had with his family, trying to out way the bad.

With his duffel bag and backpack thrown in the backseat of his car, he backs up swiftly, car dipping off the curb making the car shake, he ignores it, being that it's not really the first time this has happened.

Did he mention he also was a bit intoxicated?

Being in his sorrows, he insanely chugged down a case of beer bottles before heading out on the road, not really wanting to be in his sober mind, considering how long the drive is. He's not the brightest as you can see, but he doesn't care.

Too much being on his mind, he didn't care about anybody but hisself right now. He was going insane.

Putting in Thiago's address in the GPS, he sees that the ride there will be at least four hours, thirty minutes of it being Thiago's long driveway. Groaning, he presses his feet down on the gas pedal, making the car exhaust scream as he swiftly makes his way out the small neighborhood.

He genuinely didn't feel like driving all the way to Thiago's place, but being that his current situation was really not suitable for him to be out in the streets— he really didn't have a choice.

Although, his mind couldn't help but wonder to his daughter. His heart was aching almost every hour, knowing she was out there and he didn't know where.

He prayed she was okay, wishing she would come back home, knowing that's really a dead end, which is why he wanted to making it his mission to bring her back home, so they can be a family again.

Even though the love of his life is no longer in the picture.

He makes his way down the highway, truck roaring every time he hits the gas, making certain cars get out of his lane.

With a grin, he continues to speed.

His phone rings. He picks it up with eases, seeing it's Thiago. Leaving one hand on the steering wheel, leaning back in his seat, "Wassup, Thi."

"Your mom called me."

Hearing this made Andrew slam on his breaks, the cars behind him honking, merging into the next lane to pass him; all whilst flicking him off and screaming curse words at him. His heart was pounding and his mind started to rush.

Why did she called Thiago?

He blocked her number a while ago, sick of seeing the constant calls from her. She only called to remind him to do better, get hisself back to how he use to be.

She would constantly harass him over and over about how he was useless now that things have changed, how he should just move on from her, he can do better.