Chapter 20

t/w: mentions of gruesome death.

MARION HARRIS
[TWO DAYS LATER; EXTENDED CHAPTER]
9:40 p.m | THURSDAY NIGHT

LOCATION: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

THE ONLY THING MARION COULD hear was his heart pounding as he sat in the car. Keyontae and Marion got a ride from one of their other friends— whose name was Xavier, all heading to the trap house where there was a meeting being established. However, the only thing that was going through his mind were the three men that had been haunting him for a couple of days.

Keyontae and Marion had been in this gang affiliation for almost a year now. Having rough corners here and there, they still managed to stick through it, knowing this was the only thing they had to survive.

Marion met Keyontae when he was down on his feet, after leaving the city he once lived in, he met Keyontae on the street when he was trying to find a way to make some money, they clicked almost instantly. Key ended up introducing him to his gang leader, having to assure him that he wasn't a weird person or anything before later introducing him into the gang affiliation.

After that, Keyontae offered to him with anything he needed, even letting him crash at his place for a couple of nights. He was always someone Marion could go to for anything, and he was forever thankful.

Marion feels someone nudge his side; looking over, he sees Keyonate look at him with a concerned face. "You okay?"

He nods, not really having anything to say. His mind was in more than one place, and they weren't in the right place to talk about what he wanted to; so he avoids even opening his mouth, turning his head back to look out the window.

It doesn't take them long to get to the trap house— Keyonate's house not being far from where it stayed. Xavier pulled up in the driveway, shutting the car off before everyone got out the car in sync. They look around the small neighborhood that barely had anybody living on it, checking to make sure there wasn't anything that was too suspicious.

They make their way up to the door, using the secret knock code, that everyone who was suppose to come here knew, before waiting a few moments before hearing the door's lock unturn a couple of times before the door slightly cracks open, and the three head inside.

"What's going on, Q." Xaiver says to one of the gang members, whose name was Quincy, but everybody called him Q for short. Dabbing each other up, Keyontae and Marion walks up to him and does the same, exchanging their greetings.

"Boss said this meeting 'bout you 'cuh." Q said pointing to Marion. "He said he tryna' crack down on them punk ass niggas that jumped you. You straight tho'?"

Marion doesn't say anything, only shrugging his shoulders because he didn't know what to say. He'd pretty much been on mute since he got here, and it was only one thing on his mind. He didn't care about anything else.

Q motions for them to follow him back to the main room where everyone was, which was a total of six guys, the four men walking inside adding up to a total of ten— as they took a seat.

Marion sitting in the far back to avoid anybody looking at him or his face. He had on a hoodie and a baseball cap, but it only did so much since the room had bright lightning.