Chapter 5

SAMARIA RENEÈ JENKINS
9:24 a.m | SATURDAY MORNING

LOCATION: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

SHE WANTED NOTHING MORE THAN to just enjoy her food. A good, nice, somewhat home cooked meal that she hasn't had since God knows how long. So this dude that she ran into a few days ago, coming in to just interrupt her peace was really putting the icing on the cake for her day. Did he not have friends?

"Why are you even bothering me?" She asks him. Sure, they exchanged words before and he potentially stole her candy bar. Even though she could've got it back. She just didn't have time for the gimmicks. "Don't you have some place to be?"

The dude shakes his head, a small smirk on his face. What up with this guy? Why was he so interested in her? "Why are you by yourself? Where are your parents? Because you seem quite young." He asks curiously, he's somewhat leaning on her table. She's quite bothered by it, but she doesn't say anything.

"Where are yours?" She shot back, if he was going to be asking all these personal questions, he can at least tell her his name or something. The guy shrugs, "Don't know, but that doesn't stop my question, where are yours?"

"Don't know either." She mumbles, lying.

"Hm." He hums, "So, you wouldn't mind if I sit here?" Before she can protest that he most definitely, can't, sit with her. He does anyways, sliding into the booth on the other side. He glances at her glass of orange juice the lady dropped off in the middle of their conversation. "You like orange juice? That's nasty, apple juice is way better." He tried to spark a conversation.

"Why the fuck do you care?" She snaps, "Who even are you to be so comfortable being around me anyways." He could at least give out a name. Seriously though, why was he so comfortable to talk to her so freely?

"Calm down, why you got an attitude?" He questions, "My name is Jayden though. Felt like it was only right since I want to know yours." She couldn't help but roll her eyes at his comment, trying to manipulate her. He's so lame.

"Samaria."

"Here's your food ma'am." The lady from earlier interrupts, she softly places her plate down. "Would you like any extra condiments or anything?"

"No ma'am, thank you." Samaria says smiling at the woman. Once she leaves, she ignores Jayden sitting in front of her and began to put salt and pepper on her eggs and grits. She began to eat, slightly humming as the warm food filled her stomach fully. God knows she needed this meal.

As she's eating, Jayden can't help but stare. Not in a "in love" stare, moreso, "I'm trying to figure you out."

Jayden wasn't the type to be so interested in someone, whereas he at other things to deal and worry about, but something about this Samaria girl was very intriguing, and he wanted to know more about her.

Like where did she come from? He knows she's not from down here, everyone knows this side of town isnt really the go to. Not like it was rough all the time or anything, but when shit goes down, shit goes down, so seeing that she's over here eating inside, without a care in the world, definitely tells him at least something.