Chapter 18

JAYDEN AMIR WILLIAMS
3:45 a.m | EARLY TUESDAY

LOCATION: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

"HE'S STILL NOT UP?" Jayden asks, coming back from the back of the room with clean clothes for Marion. They managed to wipe most of the blood off of him, seeing how pretty beat up he was, most of them cringed at the sight, mainly the girls.

Marion passed out as soon as he reached the door, hitting his head on the small concrete pavement they had by the door, and he'd been out cold ever since. The group had multiple questions to ask him when he woke up, but they were more so worried about his pain more than anything.

"I wonder how this could even happen." Kimora said as she stood in front of Marion. Everyone was standing up, almost towering over their older friend as they waited for him to wake up.

It had been a couple of hours since they retrieved him, Sekani and Jayden carrying him back into the living room and placing him on the couch. They all sat down at waited for him to get up, only to discuss theories about what happened leading to a small group argument and now they were back in the calm environment; worrying about their friend.

"Man whoever did this shit, we on that." Jayden says, feeling the anger build up inside of him. He was angry at the fact that why would someone even do this to Marion.

He was also mad at the fact that he could've just went with him, knowing all of this could've been prevented if Marion would just let him go with him when he asked.

"Don't get to talking crazy Jay, you know how you get." Kimora replied back when she seen how angry and frustrated Jayden got with each growing second. She knew the teen was overthinking in his head, and she knew he was bound to do something crazy eventually.

"I'm not tryna hear that shit." Jayden waves off, propping his head in his hand while he continued to stand up, staring at the unconscious male that laid in front of him.

It wasn't long after before Marion stirred awake, groaning as his head throbbed, instantly using one of his hands to rub the ache. The group looks at him, not saying anything.

"Turn the light off." Marion said.

Sekani goes over to turn the light switch off, mentally still surprised that the power still worked, but from time to time, they found themselves without power. They didn't mind though, knowing eventually it wouldn't be on anymore.

Not wanting to be in the dark neither, Kimora lit candles and placed them on the table to have some light.

Everyone sat down, not wanting to tower over the older male and make him uncomfortable, Sekani and Jayden sat on the floor since the girls took up the other couch that Marion wasn't lying on.

"What time is it bruh." Marion croaks out, his voice hoarse from being bruised and his body was burning hot. He felt like if he even attempted to sit up— he'd break damn near every bone in his body.

"Hell if we know." Sekani says, "You straight?"

"Shit is killin' me." Marion mumbled. "Only thing I remembered was trying to come inside, and I slipped on the grass."