4. Whispers of the Palace!

Freen couldn't sleep a bit. She could sense the ethereal presence of spirits drifting through the corridors. She felt weird. Becky after taking the meds went to her dream land. Freen had never been able to sleep even since her childhood. She could feel and sense spirits since her childhood. And coming to this palace there were a lots of spirits.

She pondered the significance of the painting, wondering about the connection it held to their own identities. Queen Anilaphat she caught her attention. She wanted to explore the place more but it was too late now to get up and she was tired. But she wasn't able to sleep.

Suddenly Becky hugged her in her sleep. Like how yesterday she hugged her mother in her sleep. Freen froze in her place. She was shocked, her heartbeat racing as if it beat rapidly. She forgot to breath. Becky hugged her more tightly, eventually falling asleep on Freen's shoulders.

Freen felt it weird she has never slept with anyone. She was all alone since childhood. She let Becky hug her as Becky was ill. She tapped Becky leg when she accidentally hit it again. They looked cute at that position. Eventually Freen fell asleep with Becky's warmth. The warmth that she lacked since childhood.

Early in the morning Freen woke up. She had to get the luggages. She let Becky sleep more and went out. The driver arrived there and handed the luggages to Freen far away from the gate. He was definitely scared. Freen chuckled imagining his face which was filled with fear. As she returned she glared at the walls of the palace, which she likely missed last night due to darkness.

She started to see every inch of the walls. Each ancient walls had different story. She reached the room and kept the luggages but Becky was missing so she felt a bit panicked. Soon Becky came out of the washroom. Freen felt relieved. Becky said, pouting, "Where did you go, leaving me all alone."

Freen smiled at her cuteness and said, "You kid I went to bring our luggage. Well what do you want to eat. I'll tell our cook ghost to prepare it.!"

Becky laughed at Freen's statement "Well I want the cook ghost to prepare me some healthy protein food."

Freen nodded and bent her head, saying, "As you wish, my queen Anilaphat.!"

Becky said "Eh? Anilaphat! The painting one?"

Freen nodded and said "Yes your resemblance of Queen Anilaphat. I saw her huge photo in the Throne Hall. She looked so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off her."

Becky said "Oh so you're in love with Queen Anilaphat now!"

Freen said "What! No I don't love anyone. Well now let me get you your breakfast."

Becky nodded and Freen left. Well Becky thought the cook ghost was a joke by Freen. But it was the truth. Becky walked to the bed and sat back. She looked around the room and found more photos and paintings of Anilaphat and Pilanthita she started to search the room and the dressing table. Everything was old and beautiful in the room. She got something, a big book. It was printed broadly on the book 'Anil and Pin'

Becky thought 'Oh so Anilaphat was called Anil and Pilanthita as Pin'

She was about to open the book when Freen came with the food in her hand. Freen passed it to her and Becky ate happy. She really loved the food the ghost prepared. But she thought it was prepared by Freen, she just joked with her.

Freen on other hand went around the palace when food was being prepared. She saw the a little place in the palace . She saw the sword fighting area. The archery area and the garden. It all looked like it was cleaned and used just now. Freen could sense so many spirits around her. She wasn't scared of all because she was used to it since childhood. She can feel the spirits.

She even noticed a place where something very bad had happened she couldn't stand there and immediately got back. She felt a sense of unease about that particular place, as if someone had been killed there mercilessly. She could feel that the whole palace was killed . Killed by someone. She didn't know if it was a war or something else.!

...............