XII. The Truth

"FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, YIPEE," Lyra comments as she looks through her wardrobe. Alice was already ready and wanted to help her pick out an outfit.

"Don't be so dramatic," Alice told her, "you're returning from being gone for a few months. People will be excited to see you!"

"Alice," Lyra deadpanned at her, "I only hang out with my family and yours."

Alice pulled out a dress, "you're a part of this family now, Ly," she told her.

Lyra smiles looking down at the dress.

They take a while before they pick out an outfit that is up Lyra's alley, she ended up looking like this:

"You look perfect... So um, Ly, I have something to tell you," Alice said.

Lyra looked at her, "what's up?"

"I kissed... I kissed Ariana."

Lyra immediately celebrates which everyone in the house hears, "FUCKING FINALLY! I knew it, I knew it the whole time! Since the first time, you asked about her. Did she kiss back?"

"Maybe, could you be quieter," Alice asked, knowing that her family was going to eat her alive for this one.

"Nope, I'm gonna go shout it from the roof tops, MY BEST FRIEND GOT SOME-"

"Oh my god- Lyra!" Alice grabbed her arm, "it was just a kiss!"

Lyra laughs, "you're welcome."

"Alice?"

Lyra laughs again as Carlisle enters the room, "could I speak with you alone?"

Alice just nods, "sure... Hey, Ly, I'll see you at school?"

"Yup, have fun," Lyra hugged her and grabbed her bag, hugging Carlisle quickly, before leaving downstairs.

"How many times am I going to tell you that you dress like a witch?" Rosalie jokes.

"I am a witch," Lyra stuck her tongue out at her.

Emmett came rushing down, "I cannot believe Alice finally kissed Ariana."