XXII. Loss

LYRA STOOD ON THE BALCONY.

She stared at the sky with anger. She wanted to scream, curse life out, do anything and everything. But she resisted the urge. She just tightened her fists as her eyes turned a stormy grey. 

The weather changed drastically as Lyra began to cry.

Jasper walked out as he sped to her noticing her state, "hey... I'm here."

"Jazz," Lyra turns to him, "she's gone... She's actually gone."

Jasper held her as she cried into his shirt.

"I can make it go away-"

"No, I need to feel this," she rejects pulling out of the hug and looking up at him, "I love you, Jasper, and I know you don't like seeing my negative emotions, but, that's... That's life."

He nods, "I understand... I just hate seeing you in this kind of pain."

ALICE HELD ARIANA ON THE COUCH who was completely inconsolable. The loss of their mother and Elder made the whole coven feel a broken type of feeling.

Sebastian walks by on the phone, "yeah... Okay, bye," he hung up.

"Who was that?" Jessie asked sitting on the floor and rolling a joint on the coffee table.

"That was Jade," Jessie groans at the name, "Jessie, you don't like anyone."

"I like everyone in this house," Jessie defends, "they are really chill."

"Thank you," Emmett told him.

Sebastian rolls his eyes, "well the sisters will be joining us, they want us to invite Myra," he told Jessie, "you're on that, right?"

Jessie nods, "yeah, yeah, I can invite her. She makes the best pot-"

"Do you mean herbal remedies?" Ariana asked.

"I said what I said."

"Who even is Myra?" Rosalie asked.

XAVIER HAD TAKEN HIS FRUSTRATION OUT whilst hunting.

He couldn't stop for a minute there.

He even smelled a human on the nearby trail and had to turn back.

He could swear he always coming back covered in blood.

Edward walks out of the house seeing Xavier, "how was it?"

"It didn't help," Xavier sighs, "but hey I'm covered in blood again. Must be the new look."

"You were able to handle temptation mid-hunt without help," he points out, "that's hard for even older vampires."

"Maybe it's different for Heretics?" Xavier suggests.

"Possibly," Edward pats his shoulder.

"How is... Carlisle doing?" Xavier asked.

Edward sighs, "not well."

NIKO SAT IN THE GRASS IN THE WOODS.

She knew she was safe as Sam trots over in wolf form.

"I'm okay," she told him as if sensing his worry, "go ahead and do your job as Alpha, I love you."

She pulls out her phone and texts the private coven group chat.

NIKO

How's it going with the Vampires?