XXV. Mates Issues

"YOU WANT THE SPELL TO BE ABLE TO LET THEA TAKE OVER YOUR BODY FORM?" Sebastian asked as he came to the Cullens' house to talk.

Emmett and Rosalie stood behind Lyra like bodyguards as they didn't trust Sebastian.

Jessie sat on the couch smoking a joint as he chatted with Ariana and Alice.

Yeah, these two seem to come together.

"It's a crazy idea," Jessie comments, "have you thought about maybe... Not doing that?"

Lyra looks over at him, "Jessie, if you're gonna move here, you're gonna have to get good with the weirdness this family creates."

Jessie just took a puff off his joint in response, "you think I'm not good with weird? I invented the term."

"I don't know about this," Sebastian admits.

Lyra sighs, "listen, I know you're a leader of a dark coven, that means you would know the spell. So please."

"Why should I?" Sebastian asked, "I mean, you're asking me to help you let out a dark witch that has unparalleled power. You two share more than just a body, but a personality, quirks, and most importantly magic. I can't beat you in a fight, can any of us magic users? So what makes anyone think we could beat Thea Jennings in a fight?"

"He does bring up good points but at the same time," Jessie shrugs, "I kind of just want to wait around and see what happens."

"Jessie, who's side are you on right now?" Lyra asked.

"Meh."

"Very helpful."

"You all agree with this?" Sebastian asked the vampires in the room.

"I trust Lyra," Emmett steps up first.

Then Rosalie backs him up, "Lyra is my little sister, she wouldn't do this if it meant demise."

"Plus Alice's vision."

"What vision?" Jessie leans on his hand looking at the vampire.

Alice smiles, "it was Thea having a happy future. It hasn't changed. So I think there is hope."

"Okay."

"Okay? I don't- I don't know," Sebastian shook his head, "the death toll she made in the matter of a few days was double the count of most of us dark magic users. It doesn't sit right with me."

"What if there was a way to block her magic?" Asked Jessie through coughs.

"Huh?" They all looked at the stoner.

"Well I just happen to have a hobby collecting magic items, believe it or not, it began with magic mushrooms," he laughs.

"Jess, focus," Sebastian reminds him.

"Right, right, I can focus," Jessie just laughs more, "okay... I have these cuffs that restrict a person's magic. There are some kinks to it but what item doesn't? Only the owner of the item can take them off."

"So you?"

"Yup."

Lyra nods, "there we go, Sebastian, come on."

Sebastian sighs nodding, "fine, fine, but only with the cuff on is my one condition."

NIKO HELD LUNA IN HER ARMS as Sam opened the front door for them, Niko entered the house holding her baby close.

"She's so small... It feels like she could break at any second," Niko expresses.

Sam smiles walking over and holding them close, "no matter what she is, she'll be unbreakable, I mean look at her parents."