XXIV. Luna

"THEA?"

Thea looked... Exactly like she did before the merge.

Same dress, hairstyle, and darkness showing through her veins and darkened eyes.

"Hello, Lyra."

Lyra felt tears well up in her eyes, "Thea... I am so sorry-"

"Why are you sorry?" Thea asked, "I'm the one who made you do the merge."

"But I won, you... You died-"

"Do I look dead?" 

Thea stood up from where she sat but couldn't move out of the circle.

Lyra stood up as well, "your soul is no longer in it's body, you live through my eyes-"

"No, I don't," she sounded spiteful, "I live in the darkness. It's all I see. That and my thoughts," she shook her head.

Lyra felt a tear fall, "I didn't want that."

"Neither did I," Thea mutters, "I wanted to win, but when I saw... Every memory, everything that made you still... Believe I was in there..." Lyra looked at her, "I realized... I couldn't. I wouldn't win."

"W-What?" Lyra asked confused.

Thea stares her down, "I lost because I wanted to."

"PAUL! Get the damn truck pulled up, now!" Sam orders as he holds Niko close, "do your breathing, you can do it."

"Sam, I'm scared, I'm not due for another month-"

"Your body knows what it's doing," Sam then picked her up gently, "I'm gonna get you to the hospital."

Sam carried her to the truck where Paul was driving, which the Alpha usually would protest but didn't this time for his imprint's sake.

They got into the car as they drove to the hospital.

"Sam, text the family group chat," Niko hands him her phone.

"Which one?"

"The combined one."

"What's the combined one?" Paul asked.

"Vampitch, don't ask about the name, it was Xavier's idea," Thea said through her breathing.

NIKO

Hey, this is Sam, Niko has gone into labor

ARIANA

OMG, I'm on my way

EDWARD

Someone call Carlisle

ALICE

I'm on it

XAVIER

Okay, it's happening, every one it's happening!

Stay calm

Everyone stay calm

ROSALIE

Stop being an idiot

XAVIER

Love me or leave me bitch

ALICE

Wait, where is Lyra?

She'd be all over this