Family Dinner

Third Person's POV-

After Neytiri had heard her children whisper about her daughter and the Chiefs son she grew angry. Angry that D'ella didn't share with her and Angry that someone else would care for her baby the way she'd done the past 14 years.

After some time and words from her loving husband she began to understand. D'ella had always been a lonely girl. No one to understand her or take the time to truly get to know her, but now she'd finally found someone who saw her for her.

Most people just saw a deaf child, it was like she wasn't even a person, like she had no personality. If you took your time to get to know D'ella you'd know she was a great story teller, she was an amazing artist and she had the biggest heart on Pandora.

Neytiri loved that her daughter had made a friend outside of her family - she hated spider for who he was so she never saw him as a friend of her daughters - but she also hated that her baby was growing up.

Neytiri loved hanging out with Tuk and D'ella. The two most innocent souls of the sully family. Neytiri wouldn't get to paint with her youngest daughters as much or paint their nails like humans.

When Jake had shared the story about nail polish he thought none of his kids where really listening but after a couple weeks had passed D'ella came rushing into her parents room saying 'polish, polish daddy', and in that moment he knew no matter what he was saying, no matter how weird his earth stories got his beautiful daughter would always be there to "listen".

After they had calmed her down from her rant about polish D'ella quickly grabbed her mother's 3 fingered hand and had shown her what she'd created. The nail polish d'ella had made only lasted a couple of days and tended to stain your skin if it made contact but her family was proud of her nonetheless the less.

So after some thinking Neytiri decided to invite Za'ke to dinner. The sullys never really joined the clan for dinner, having always had a family dinner after a long day and to share exciting stories with the family.

Kiri quickly shared the invite with Za'ke who'd been with D'ella that warm afternoon, obviously so she was excited for him to come over as well, wanting to show him the things she'd made and collected to decorate her 'room'.

Jake didn't know what to think about this dinner. He knew his mate and wife would probably scare the poor boy for even thinking about dating their daughter but he couldn't exactly say no to his wife, for 2 reasons.

1. He loved her so much.

And

2. She scared him so much.

Both forcing him to say yes to this dinner.

-

The azure sky grew dark as the clan gathered together for their late night feast, Za'ke telling his family he'd be joining the forest family for dinner. His mother seemed annoyed but said yes anyway, knowing that her son would go against her wishes if it meant pleasing D'ella.

Za'ke made his way to the sullys mauri where he stood outside, hustling watching as the family moved as one, all pitching in to help with dinner.

D'ella had felt his presence so she quickly got up, grabbing his hand to drag him in.

"Good evening, Toruk Makto. Mrs. Sully!" Za'ke said, dragging his hand from his forehead to lay at his side once again.

"Call me Jake!" The father of the group said. He pulled the boy before him into a friendly hug, wanting his daughter's boyfriend to like him. Jake always wanted to make his daughter feel welcomed and wanted and he knew that this boy helped her with that.

Jake didn't bother telling Za'ke to call Neytiri by her name because he knew his mate wanted the authority of being D'ellas mother.

"Dinners ready!" Lo'ak yelled out.

After everyone layed out the bowls of fruit and fish they took their seats. Za'ke on one side of D'ella and Neytiri on the other.

Dinner started calm and casual as everyone took what they wanted. Neytiri watched as Za'ke help D'ella get what she wanted before getting his own.

After a while the group started getting nervous, on edge that Neytiri was being so calm. They were waiting for the explosion they knew would come.

But it never did.

Neytiri intended to ask Za'ke what his true intentions where but after watching the way he and her gift from eywa reacted she already knew. Za'ke and D'ella were exactly like Jake and herself. She could see it in their eyes. It was like they were in their own little world.

"I'm happy my daughter has finally found you. I wish it were not so soon, but eywa must have her plans." Neytiri said in a monotone voice that came out calm but terrifying.

The sully family minus D'ella were in shock. They'd never seen Neytiri so calm in this kind of situation.

Kiri and D'ella where known to have beauty gifted by eywa and their birth mother so they where constantly aprouched by people of many genders and ages back at the forest. Everyone of them wanting to be the girls future mate.

Even when they were toddlers parents would try and force their kids into an arranged marriage. Something Neytiri and Jake despised. It was taking away their future and their right to chose. Eywa had blessed them with a mate and those people wanted to rip their other half away from them just so their child could have the olo'ektan title. It was pathetic and Neytiri had beaten many mothers.

"Thank you Mrs. Sully! Your daughter is truly a gift from eywa, I am so blessed she's chosen to love me back." Za'ke said as he looked down at said girl. D'ella reading his lips cuddled into his chest for a hug.

Kiri watched in happiness. She was so glad her sister had found love but she also wished she'd find something like them. She missed spider and her home, but she also loved the ocean and the adventures they'd had here.

(NOT EDITED)