•Chapter Twelve•

Will lead me out of the dark alley and round lots of sharp corners. Everything is still really black and concrete but not as scary as the alley.

A few minutes later, we reached a very large building with lots of windows. "Our apartment is on the third floor." He explained as he opened the door for me. I nodded and thanked him even though I had no idea what an apartment was. Is it like a house?

Lots of stairs later, we arrive at a black wooden door with a silver '67' engraved on it. He fishes some keys out from his pockets and opens the door.

I stay still looking down at my filthy feet, not sure if I should wait until he invites me in.

"You coming in or what?" He asks, amusement in his voice.

"Um, yes." I step in and feel a soft carpet under my toes. It was nice to feel something other than rocks and stones beneath them. I step into what must be the living room.

There is a set of three doors around the edge, one to my right and the other two at the back. It has mostly black furniture: a black sofa, black coffee table, black bookshelf and more. But there is some colour splashed here and there: The cushions on the sofa are a dark purple and some decoration pieces are a dark green and red. Although the room was dark, is still gave a happy, warm atmosphere.

"Christina? Love, are you home?" He calls out, dropping his keys on the side and slipping off his shoes.

"In the kitchen!" A female voice shouts back. That must be Christina.

"Come on," He says to me and he goes through the door on the right.

We walk into the kitchen which has marble counters and silver handles. It was also very small. I stay in the doorway feeling uncomfortable while Will saunters in.

"Hey." Will says and he puts his arms around a woman. She is tall. Well, tall compared to me as I'm small for my age. She has dark skin and short brown hair in a bob. She's slim and very beautiful.

Will places a peck on her lips as she turns around. I feel like I'm intruding so I look down.

"There's someone I want you to meet," Will says and I look up again to see Will walking towards me and Christina looking at me with curious eyes.

I give her a shy smile, suddenly scared she won't like me, as Will grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the doorway where I was stood.

"This is Tris, she's from Erudite." Will introduces.

"Nice to meet you, Tris!" She beams and puts out her hand for me to shake. "I'm Christina."

I smile, taking her hand and shaking it. People are very fond of shaking hands here aren't they? Tobias was as well. But he was from Dauntless so it makes sense.

"Thank you for having me." I say.

"Oh it's no problem! Let me get you some of my clothes to change into." Christina says frowning at my grubby dress. "We're gonna be good friends, I just know it!"

She grabs my hand and pulls me out of the kitchen while I hear Will laughing at her in the background.

She wants to be friends? She wants to be friends! Who knew running away from the castle did some good.

Christina gave some clothes and left me to change in their bedroom.

Soon enough I was wearing black leggings and a black tank top. It was a big contrast to corsets and dresses. But I kind of like it.

I slowly turned to door knob to go back into the living room. I'm about to go into the kitchen when I hear my name in the conversation.

"But how do you know Tris is not working for them?" Christina asks worriedly. Who's 'them'?

"Christina, love. She was running for her life, barefoot, wearing a small flimsy dress. She looked terrified when we saw Eric and Max, she didn't even know she was in dauntless."

"I suppose." Christina sighs. "I already like her but I don't want to get too attached if she is one of them."

I smiled at the fact she liked me. But who were they talking about?

"Did you know her from when you were in erudite?" She asks.

"No. To be honest, I'm not quite sure she is from Erudite." He sighs and my eyes widen. How did he find out? "I don't want to push it out of her though. She can tell us when she's ready. She will be safe here."

"You're so sweet. I love you."

"I love you too."

That was followed with silence so I guess they were kissing. After a few seconds I decide to make myself known. I walk around the corner and my predictions were right- they were kissing. I cough to make myself known.

They break apart and Wills face heats up.

"Tris you look amazing in those clothes!" Christina exclaims. "Are you sure your not dauntless?"

I just smile shyly. My outgoing personality has disappeared, I don't know how to act in front of these people.

"Well, I made dinner shall we watch it in front of the TV?" Christina asks and we agree.

She serves up the homemade spaghetti that smells delicious and hands me a plate.

I sit in front of the Tv next to Christina with Will on the end. We are watching some sort of news program I wasn't interrelated in. 

"Our beloved princess of sixteen that goes by the name of Beatrice Prior has mysteriously gone missing"

My fork hits my plate with a loud clang. My head shoots up the TV. That got my attention.

"She was last saw by her former bodyguard who brought her outside ignoring the orders from the King and queen to keep her inside,"

My heart pangs when I hear former bodyguard. They must've fired him. Why? If anyone has a chance of finding me, it would surly be tobias as he knows me the best.

"Our King and Queen have ordered several guards and private investigators to find her but have asked us to tell you to report to them immediately if you have any information on this matter."

My hearts pounding in my chest. I can't breathe.

My picture flashes on the screen but I can't hear the voices anymore. It's as if I'm underwater.

"Tris?" I hear Will faintly ask. But I can't answer. My breathing is now erratic, coming out in short pants.

"Tris!"

I start to see black spots in my vision.

And the last thing I remember is Will and Christina's worried faces looking down at me before I fall into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm sorry I haven't updated but I was on holiday.

Dramatic chapter but we met Christina yay!

Did anyone notice the '67' on their door was referring to their ranks in dauntless? ;)

Leave a comment if you enjoyed this chapter!