Chapter 5

"Boring!" Julia grunted, her forehead dropping over the counter "Where are the people?!"

"Fifteen minutes of fame, they said" Gavin grinned from his own cashier.

"We got a week. I think that's not bad at all" I shrugged.

I entertained myself in tossing tiny pieces of paper – with a slingshot made of two Bic pens and my yellow scrunchie – at the two fourteen year olds giggling around the condoms' area. The kids would jerk and look around them a couple times, but they never suspected the blond, quiet cashier pretending to be very busy reading old invoices.

"I was starting to get used to being busy." Julia pouted, sighing in despair as the two kids left the store and we were completely alone "All by myself..."

I was chuckling and finally grinned happily – my best business face – when the pharmacy's front door bell rang.

"Good morning and welcome to- Tyler?"

The bodyguard slash driver nodded as he came over the counter, and I saw Gavin start getting terrified.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a frown.

"Miss Summers." He nodded my way "How do you do, madam?"

"Tyler, cut the polite talk. Just shoot" I waved a hand his way; I wasn't really in the mood for small talk.

"Prime Minister Whitehall wanted me to come here and give you this." He took a white envelope from his black jacket "He insists on it, madam. He wanted me to remind you it would really offend him if you didn't take it."

"If this is a money payment for me saving him" I started with a grunt "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'll definitely take it. I'm broke, you know?"

"I understand, madam" Tyler's mouth corners actually twisted in amusement.

"Well, open it!" Julia pushed; she was terrible, like Pandora and the box – that bitch had nothing on my best friend, Julia would've opened the chest and laugh at the destruction, for which I apologize in her name.

I opened the envelope and my jaw dropped. An invitation to a new opening at the Whitechapel Gallery! VIP invitation for this was a very restricted party.

"Why is he giving me this?" I frowned up at Tyler.

"You should ask him yourself, madam. The artist is a personal friend of Prime Minister Whitehall. He'll be attending as well. The invitation is for you and whatever guests you wish to take, madam."

"Is this an official thing? Politically, I mean?" I squinted up at him.

"No, madam. This is a private party the Prime Minister will attend as a friend of the artist, not as our leader."

"Thank you, Tyler! We'll be there!" Julia grinned at the tall bearded man, pushing me to our changing room and locking the door behind her "The Prime Minister himself invited you of all people!"

"Gee, thanks!" I frowned, offended.

"You know what I mean." Julia scowled at me "It's this Saturday! We're definitely going!"

"Don't I have a say in that?" I tilted my head.

"You do, and it's 'I'm the best friend in the whole world, so I'm taking my two besties to a VIP art expo!'" She grinned and fluttered her eyes at me.

"Is it a formal event?" I frowned.

"No." She shrugged, eyeing the invitation "I think it's casual chic."

"That's gibberish to me" I frowned.

"Don't worry, I'll help you get a nice dress" She winked, excited.