Chapter 25

Your POV

"Y/F/N" I heard a women calling my name causing me to stand up and walk over to her.

"Hi. I'm Y/N." I smiled once I reached her.

"Welcome to our national team tryouts." The lady smiled. "If you'll just follow me, I'll show you to your room."

I nodded following after her. I was nervous as we headed toward the elevators. I was watching some of the other players arriving and was in awe of some of them. Literally seeing players like Brianna Decker and Amanda Kessel enter the hotel. How am I even considered close to their skill level?

Okay, I have to try my best not to fan girl over them this next week. Which is going to be hard considering Hilary Knight is like my idol and there's a very high chance I'll at least run into her a couple of times. She not only a great player but she's totally hot too.

"This will be your room for the next week." The lady stated as she unlocked the door to a room and opened it, handing me the key. "Your roommate should be here shortly."

"Okay." I smiled carrying my bags into my room.

"If you have any questions my names Kelly and my rooms at the end of the hallway." She stated pulling out a card and handing it to me. "Oh, and here's my number just in case."

"Thank you." I smiled as she turned to leave.

I put my bags on the bed and started looking at the different things that were already lying on my bed. There were two jerseys with USA on the front, one was red and the other white, my name and the number fourteen on the back. I smiled as I had gotten my lucky number. There were also a lot of other stuff like work out clothes to water bottles all with the team logo on it.

I decided to unpack a few things and get shower before we had a meet and greet diner thing tonight with the coaches and other players trying out. My roommate still hadn't shown up even after I had gotten out of the shower. My phone rang as I was towel drying my hair so I walked over to the nightstand to pick it up.

"Hey babe." I smiled knowing it was Lauren by the caller ID.

"Hi baby." She replied. "How's your big day going so far?"

"So far it's been amazing." I said excitedly. "I have already seen a couple of the girls who have been playing the past couple years, they gave us clothes with the team on it, oh and the hotel is awesome."

"That sounds fun." The brunette said on the other line. "How's your roommate?"

"Haven't seen her yet." I answered. "She must be running late because we're all supposed to be downstairs in an hour."

"I'm sure she'll be there soon." She stated. "Have you seen Hilary Knight yet I know your excited to meet her?"

"No, but I probably will later." I said excited. "I hope I don't do anything stupid."

"Like waste coffee on her?" Lauren said causing us both to laugh.

"Yeah, but I mean that seems to work so maybe I'll give it a try." I joked and Lauren giggled.

"I don't blame you, the girls pretty hot." The singer teased.

"Yeah, I agree." I laughed as I heard a huff on the other line. "But there's this girl from Miami who really takes the cake."