Chapter 34

I felt like I did that first day when I woke up at Brendon's house, confused and lost. I didn't feel I belonged in this country, let alone this house. Yet when I looked up into Brendon's eyes, I knew somewhere deep inside me that I was where I belonged. That was precisely what I felt when I opened my eyes at the infirmary at Aurora's house. Brendon was right by my bedside when I woke up, just like last time.

Looking away, I didn't want to see the shame and disappointment in his eyes, "Alejandra." The way he called my name brought tears to my eyes, I had not seen him in two weeks, and here he was.

"Alejandra, please look at me." When I shook my head no and continued to look away from him. I heard him sigh, and then he grabbed my chin and tilted it towards him. He made me look at his eyes and what I saw made me cry even harder. There was no hate left in his eyes. I didn't comprehend what was going on. He was looking at me with such love I was at a loss.

"You are not mad?" It came out as a slight murmur, but I knew he would hear me. He smiled at me with tears, "I was for a while, baby. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you for that long. I'm sorry. But no, baby, I'm not mad. You were made to do what you did. You didn't want to." He pulled me into a loving and warm embrace.

Smiling in his arms, I knew that I would do okay if I was with Brendon. The door opened, and Aurora came in to check on me. I thanked her for her help these past couple of weeks and apologized for being such a difficult guest. She did her own examination on me to see how the dark magic was affecting my body.

"You are healing well, the magic is fading from your body, but you need to take it easy for a while. The magic has fused with some of your cells and will take regular checkups and continued care." I smiled at her thankfully before Brendon left to grab my things to go home.

Pulling into the yard, I was welcomed back by the entire pack. This place actually began to feel like it was a home for me, it wasn't just Brendon who cared about me, but the entire pack, and they were even willing to lay down their lives for Brendon and me.

I was surprised to see even David and Lindsey walking into the house, holding each other closely. Something about them was different.

"Do I smell something different about you?"

Lindsey blushed, and David pulled her closer, "We marked each other last week."

"So, wolf or no?"

Lindsey smiled at me and nodded yes. "I shifted a few days late with the full moon."

"Well then, as Luna as this pack, I say welcome, Lindsey. May you and David enjoy your longevity together."

Brendon came up behind us and wrapped me in his arms, "well, if you excuse me, Alejandra and I need to go get some rest." He smiled bigger as he led me up the stairs and crawled into bed. "Goodnight, Alejandra. Get some sleep now." Nodding, I pulled him closer to me and fell asleep surrounded by his warmth.