Chapter 36

That morning was wonderful. After two weeks of not waking up with Brendon being in his arms felt like heaven. I didn't want to ever leave. But when I opened my eyes I saw that he was already staring at me, "do you like what you see?"

"si, you are beautiful."

I blushed at the compliment, I had heard it from people before, but it all seemed more genuine coming from my mate.

"I forgot what it was like waking up next to you." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. They were pressed against me with such hunger that I could not help but respond. Things were escalating quickly for it being so early in the morning.

My shirt was discarded and thrown to the floor as Brendon began to work his magic. The door was swung open. David and Lindsey came running in only to be scarred by what they saw.

"Oh goddess, jeez, Brendon." David was doing his best to cover his eyes, and Brendon covered me.

"What do you two want that couldn't have waited?" Brendon was almost growling at David, which surprised me.

There was a moment of silence where we both waited for one of them to speak up. "The witches reported that the wolves will be here by noon." Lindsey finally whispered.

"Shit. David get everyone into the forest. We need to get the pack away from human eyes. We can't have human casualties today. Warn the pack of the invasion I will meet you downstairs in ten minutes."

For a few minutes, no words were exchanged between us. We simply enjoyed each other's arms, knowing that tomorrow one of us might not be here. "I need you to promise me something." Brendon was the one to break the silence.

"Anything."

"If something happens to me, you will take care of this pack." Turning around to face him, I kissed him, wishing I could wipe away all of the doubt and fear he was experiencing right then.

"Of course, but you have to promise me that you will continue to take care of your pack and your people if something happens to me. You have more responsibilities than just me, Okay?" He nodded, placed one more kiss on my forehead, and began to get changed. As much as I wanted to sit here and watch the show, I also needed to get changed. After all, you can't go to war in pajamas.

Afew hours later, we were all waiting in the forest for them to arrive. Brendon explainedthe basics of how the war would work and how my part was vital. I knew that hejust wanted to keep me out of harm's way. He often told me to stay away fromthe fight no matter what I heard or saw. Still, clearly, I did not listen,which is how I ended up bleeding in his arms, waiting to hear the trumpetsannouncing my death, but all there was only darkness.