Chapter 16: Trouble

"I got no faith
And, oh, did I mention
I want no trouble"

Days later......

"You what?" I ask Nate. I must be hearing things.

"I said I bought us Imagine dragons concert tickets for later this year."

"They're my favorite band."

"I know. Which is why I bought the tickets." He repeats it slowly since it seems I can't comprehend what he's saying .

"Did I mention you're the best?"

"No, but thank you for the compliment."

"Ahh! I can't wait!" I basically squeal. I never squeal so that's how big of a deal this is for me.

"What's going on?" My mom asks as she passes by. Nate and I are watching tv in the living room and have plans later to meet up with Emma and Matt for dinner.

"Nothing, just Audrey realizing that I'm the best boyfriend ever." Nate responds.

"Eh, I guess." I try to tone down my excitement which he doesn't buy at all.
...........................................................

"What do you think of visiting California with me sometime? Plus you can finally meet my parents. They'll love you." Nate asks me as we make our way to the resturant.

"I think it would be fun. Just tell me when ahead of time." Even though thinking of meeting his parents makes me a bit nervous.

"We could go anytime using the private plane."

"Oh yeah. Mr.fancy has his own plane."

"Are you mocking me? I feel like I'm being mocked." He acts hurt and puts his hand to his chest. When he says that it reminds me of a meme I saw earlier.

"Me? Never."

I hear my phone buzz with a text message. I check it and see it's from Emma.

Me and matt are on our way 😜😎

I text her back

Us too. See u there

Before I put my phone away I find the meme I was thinking of and send it to Nate.

I put my phone away and notice we are not to far from the resturant.

When we get there we ask for a table for four since it doesn't seem Emma and Matt have made it yet.

We pick a booth next to a window and order something to drink.

I see Nate check his phone and start laughing. "Are you mocking my mocking?" He then shows me the message I sent him.