Chapter 27

I threw my head back, laughing at something Jake said. We are currently at Target and Jake is going off with cheesy pickup lines which aren't even that funny, but the reactions he gets from people who are nearby is priceless.

"You can call me Nemo, because I'm never afraid to touch the butt" Jake said winking at me.

"Oh my gosh" I giggled. "Hey Jake, I dare you to go say a pickup line to that lady over there" I said pointing to an old lady.

"Okay here goes nothing" Jake said walking up to the old lady. I pushed the cart closer so I could hear.

"Did you sit on a pile of sugar" Jake asked the old lady. "Because you got a pretty sweet ass"

I bit my lip trying to hold back my laughter as I waited for her reaction.

The lady swung her purse at Jake and whacked his arm pretty hard, I'm pretty sure she was aiming for his head but she's too short.

"Watch your language young man" the old lady scolded Jake.

I burst out laughing using my hand to cover my mouth and clutching my stomach with the other.

Jake came trudging back over to me rubbing his arm.

"For an old lady, she can really hit you hard, damn" He said.

I bent over laughing even harder at his comment. My sides started to hurt from all the laughing and the bruises that are still there.

"That was priceless" I giggled.

"Whatever, let's just finish shopping" Jake murmured. "Hey you never told me why you needed to come here"

"To get groceries"

"No shit sherlock"

"I'm making lasagna for everyone tomorrow"

"That's new, my whole family hasn't eaten together in years"

"Well if feel like I should tell your dad about my situation"

"Arianna, you don't have to"

"Yes I do" I argued.

"You can wait until you're ready"

"I am ready"

"Okay, just be prepared because my dad can be extremely rude"

"I've noticed that Jake" I said as I grabbed the last item on my list off the shelf and dropped it in the cart. "Alright let's go"

When we got to check out Jake helped me unload the groceries onto the belt.

"Awh aren't you guys just the cutest couple" the cashier said.

"Oh, we're not dating" I said at the same time Jake said "We are just friends"

"Oh, well you should date, you're cute together" said the cashier, who's name tag said Kayla.

I blush at her comment.

Kayla finishes ringing everything up and tells us the total. I reach into my purse and pull out my card. When I look up Jake had his card out too.

"Jake, what are you doing" I ask.

He looks over at me and quickly swipes his card. "Paying"

"Jake, I can pay for my own groceries"

"I know, but I wanted to pay for you"

"Alright you all have a good day" Kayla said handing Jake the receipt.

"Thanks, you too" Jake said grabbing some bags and walking away.

"He's a keeper" Kayla says winking.

I smiled looking down at my hands. "I know, have a good day Kayla"

"You too hun"

I grab the rest of the bags and walked towards Jake who is looking around like a lost puppy.

"Oh thank God, I thought I lost you" Jake said wiping away imaginary sweat.

I smiled at him and we walked out of the store together.

He's a keeper.

~♡~