Chapter 32

Today is Wednesday, the day I have to go dress shopping with Maddie. Don't get me wrong I love hanging out with Maddie and going to the mall and stuff. I Just don't like shopping for fancy dresses. I really don't like wearing dresses at all, and shopping for them means trying tons of them on and going into a bunch of different shops.

I stepped out of the warm shower and wrapped a towel around my body before going to my room. I put on some light washed jeans with no holes, because otherwise the dark purple bruises on my legs would be visible, a white tank top, and a green bomber jacket. I did 2 french braids and my every day makeup. And for shoes I wore, yet again, my black vans. They go with everything and most of my shoes are still at that hell house.

"Arianna, I'm leaving hurry up" I heard Jake call from downstairs.

I grabbed my backpack and went to meet Jake.

-

"Don't worry about me after school I'm going shopping with Maddie" I called out to Jake as he headed to his last class of the day.

"Okay, see you later then" He called back.

I shut my locker nearly screaming when I saw Maddie standing there.

"Jesus Mads you scared me" I said placing a hand over my chest.

"Sorry" she giggled. "We are still going shopping after school right"

I nodded. "Is it okay if I invite Kayla"

Kayla has sat with us at lunch and from what I can tell, her and Maddie get along well which makes me happy because it's only been Maddie and I since the 6th grade. Maddie doesn't exactly get along with too many people, which is weird considering she has such a bubbly personality, but trust me you don't want to piss her off, she'll retract her claws and attack.

"Of course" Maddie smiled at me clapping her hands together.

"Alright let's get to class"

-

"Maddie can we please just go get something to eat" I whined.

We've been at the mall for 2 hours and still haven't found anything. None of us have.

"We will get food after we find dresses" Maddie said pointing a finger at me.

I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. "You know-"

So honey now take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

I was cut off by my phone ringing. I reached into my purse and pulled it out. Maddie glanced over my shoulder, smirking when she saw Jake's contact photo appear on my phone screen.

"It's Jake" she told Kayla and winked at me.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hey Arianna, I'm out with the guys and I was wondering if you wanted me to pick something up for dinner"

"Yes, Maddie is being a meanie and won't let me eat" I pouted sticking my tongue out at Maddie.

"Oh Stop being a drama queen" Jake teased.

"Hey! You're supposed to take my side"

Jake chuckled "Whatever, I'm getting pizza you want the usual"

"Yes" I squealed.

"Alright bye"

"Bye teddy bear"

And with that he hung up. I frowned remembering he didn't say 'bye princess' like he usually does, but whatever.

"I ship you two so much" Kayla squealed.

"Me too " Maddie says bouncing on her toes.

"We are just friends" I told them rolling my eyes.

Kayla rolled her eyes back "You called him teddy bear"

"And he calls you princess" Maddie joined.

"So" I shrugged. "They're just friendly nicknames"

"Mmmk whatever you say" Kayla says. "I still ship it"

"Whatever, let's get this shopping done so I can get some pizza"

"Hey sexy, can I get yo number"

All three of us turned around to see a tall blonde guy walking towards us. He has a smirk etched onto his face and humor in his eyes. He looked to be around our age, maybe a couple years older. He's looking me up and down and licking his chapped lips.

Oh no. He's getting really close, I'm not comfortable around guys I don't know.

"She has a boyfriend" Kayla spoke up from behind me.

Yeah, so back the hell- wait what?

"He doesn't have to know" the blonde guy smirked.

I took a step backwards and pressed my back into the wall behind me.

Blondie took one large step towards me leaving only a couple inches between us, and he placed his arms on both sides of my head caging me in.

Suddenly it seemed like all the air in my lungs had just escaped and I found it extremely hard to refill them. When I thought things couldn't get worse, the guy pressed his body into mine, crushing my bruised body into the wall. I could faintly hear Maddie and Kayla yelling my name and trying to pry Blondie off of me but he was too strong.

I desperately gasped for air and kept pushing at him but he didn't budge. Tears welled in my eyes, I began to feel dizzy and light-headed. His body is still crushing mine into the wall and by the look on his face, he is enjoying my reaction.

Tears slipped from my eyes as my panic attack worsened. It seemed impossible to breath. I stopped trying to push blondie off me and instead closed my eyes and focused on my breathing.

In. Out.

In. Out.

In. Out.

It's not working. I opened my eyes and was met with blondie's grey eyes. I opened my mouth to gasp for air, he attacked me with his dirty lips. He  slipped his tongue inside my open mouth and placed his hands on my hips, squeezing. I whimpered in pain and tears continued to fall down my cheeks and to our joined lips. I gagged, his mouth taste like tobacco.

I am literally in the middle of a panic attack, trying desperately to get some air into my lungs, and he kisses me?

I brought my knee up and kicked him, hard between his legs. He fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

I frantically wipe my lips to get rid of the disgusting taste that lingers there and slid down the wall. Sobs escaped my mouth as I continued gasping for air like a fish out of water.

I've had panic attacks before, but they were never this bad.

I noticed Kayla kick blondie in the shin and rush to my side, while Maddie is off to the side, pacing back and forth, and talking quickly into her phone. Kayla rubbed my arm soothingly but she knew to give me space, as I was still not able to breathe normally.

Maddie stopped pacing and looked at me, her face held a panicked expression and she quickly walked to me and handed me her phone after putting it on speaker.

"She's right here Jake" Maddie yelled, her eyes wide with panic.

"Ah shit, okay um, Arianna" Jake's voice echoed through the speakers.

I responded with a sob.

"Okay, I need you to take deep breaths princess. In" He paused. "Out"

I did as told.

"I'll be there soon alright? Just keep taking deep breaths"

I nodded, I know he can't see me but I didn't have enough oxygen to talk.

"Okay see you soon"

I nodded again and handed the phone back to Maddie. I continued to take deep breaths and I let Jake's voice play in my head.

~♡~