Chapter 34

Jake tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the sound of the music as he drove through the dark. The only thing lighting up the road are the street lamps and his headlights.

I watched the gloomy outside world fly past us while everything that just happened replayed in my head. Lightening lit up the sky in the distance, raindrops littered the windshield adding the relaxing sound to the quiet music that spilled out of Jake's speakers. 

"So the guys are staying over tonight, if that's cool with you" Jake broke the silence.

"Oh, the bad boy is finally going to introduce me to his big bad scary friends" I teased.

"Of course it's fine with me Jake, It's your house. Besides, you deserve a break, I'm kind of a pain in the ass"

"True"

I gasp and play slap his arm. "You weren't supposed to agree out loud, even if it is true"

He chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road.

-

As soon as we stepped in the front door Jake's friends hopped off the couch in the living room and darted to greet us.

Ryder and two others, Dylan and Tyler, stood there staring at me intently. I've seen them around school, obviously they have the bad boy reputation just like Jake.

Dylan has dark brown hair-- almost black-- and icy blue eyes. He stood about the same height as Jake with a smirk on his face. Typical.

Tyler is shorter than both of them and just a little bit taller than me. He has blonde hair and green eyes, but instead of smirking he had a genuine smile on his face. Like the twinlky eyes- dimple showing- kinda genuine smile. I would normally think that smile is absolutely adorable, but there are 3 sets of eyes staring at me right now and I'm kind of uncomfortable.

"Um- h-hi" I squeaked.

Wow. Real smooth Arianna.

Tyler was the first to greet me.

"Hey, I'm Tyler" He smiled at me reaching his hand out to shake mine.

I gulped staring at his hand, debating on shaking it or not. I glanced at Jake and he nodded at me so I hesitantly put my hand in Tyler's and shook it

"Uh- yeah I know- I mean- um- It's nice to meet you"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Uh- I'm- um- A-Arianna"

Tyler gave me a cheeky smile. "Well it's nice to finally meet you um- A-Arianna"

I backed away staring down at my feet. Awkward silence filled the room until I felt two fingers go under my chin and tilt my head up to look into icy blue eyes. My heart started beating faster and my breath hitched in my throat when Dylan's cold gaze drilled into my eyes.

I stared back with wide eyes, watching as he searched my eyes. His icy blue orbs held nothing but humor, like he was enjoying my reaction. I just stood routed to the spot, terrified of him being able to see right through me.

See all my insecurities.

All my fears.

My past.

My nightmares.

Everything I try to hide.

I'm scared he will be able to figure me out just by staring deep into my eyes. I tried not to let my fear show in my eyes but when he scrunched his eyebrows in confusion I could tell I hadn't done a good enough job of keeping hidden.

"Dylan, back up"

Dylan obeyed Jake and took a step back, dropping his hand to his side and letting my chin fall so I'm looking at my feet again.

"So, you're Jake's girl" This is is first time I've heard Dylan speak, usually he's more of a quiter guy. Not that he's shy, he just doesn't talk as much. Like Tyler is a chatter box, he's always talking. And Jake, well he is in between. He won't talk to you if he's a) uncomfortable b) mad or c) if he doesn't know you, but if you're good friends with him, he talks way more.

"N-no-"

"We are just friends Dylan. I've told you this countless times" Jake cut me off.

"Right" I said slowly rocking back and forth on my feet. "Anyway I'm gonna go to bed"

As I made my way up to my room I could feel Dylan's eyes on me, watching my every move as I climbed up the stairs. I picked up the pace and speed walked to my room shutting the door behind me. I did my usual night routine and went to bed. After staring at the ceiling and replaying today's events, I eventually drifted off to sleep.

~♡~
A/N

So I know this chapter is short/boring BUT, I will most likely update again today!!! And I promise the next chapter is a bit more exciting:)) comment your thoughts and I will update real soon♡

~ Khloe xx