Chapter 11

"I reminisce the way we kissed, it felt so personal
You took the chance to get my love and now you know
(It was all a dream)
And I don't need no one baby
Without you I'm incomplete
My love is just like the bar, put it all on me
I don't want nobody else
Baby, all I need is you
You're the one I want
And I don't want nobody else
Baby, all I need is you
You're the one I want."
Tamar Braxton "The One"

Ashanti

"Can you get me a size 8 please?" I asked August as I sat down.

"I thought you were a size 8.5."

"I am, but their shoes run wide. I want a tighter fit."

"That's true. They're like clown shoes. I'll be back."

"Thank you." He kissed me before joining his boys. I turned to see the girls staring at me.

"What? Is something on my face?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"That smile that has been plastered permanently on your face thanks to your boo."

"My best friend is in love." I covered my face as I felt my cheeks burn up.

"Guys, stop it."

"Don't hide now."

"I'm glad we were all able to hang together tonight."

"Me too. Work has been so hectic. It's been hard to find some free time."

"How do you guys make your relationships work when you're both in the limelight?" I asked Karrueche, Vanessa, and Jhene.

"Communication is key. We keep each informed and ignore what the tabloids say." Vanessa answered.

"When we do collaborations together, I feel like it brings up closer. We get to learn more about each other." Jhene added.

"Every opportunity we get together, we create memories. We try to squash any disagreements have, then and there." Karrueche commented.

"That's all so true. NBA players get such a bad rap when it comes to groupies. I just have to trust Iman is doing the right thing. The traveling kills me sometimes because there are times would love for him to be around." Teyana commented.

"August thought it would be a good idea if I went on tour with him, but I disagreed because I thought of the money I could have been making and we would get sick of each other after a week." We all laughed.

"So, are we doing a battle of the couples or the men vs. the ladies?" Iman asked. As a group, we decided to go bowling. It's my first time and I'm kind of nervous. I think it's weird how I've never been bowling.

We have Teyana and Iman, Rotimi and Vanessa, Chris and Karrueche, and Jhene and Sean. And last but not the least, August and I. We were accompanied by a bunch of security to ensure we weren't disturbed during our fun.