Chapter 52

"Diggin' the scene, diggin' on you, diggin' on me
Baby baby-ooo-baby, baby
It's on like that, it's on like that
I gotta be in love or somethin' like that
Diggin' the scene, diggin' on you, diggin' on me
Baby baby-ooo-baby, baby
It's on like that, it's on like that
I gotta be in love or somethin' like that."
TLC "Diggin' On You"

Ashanti

I need some Vans.

I've seen all the colors Old Skool comes in, but I just want to get a black pair. Every time I see someone wearing them, they look sick. That thought just popped up in my head as I'm walking by the different stores on Hollywood Blvd with Reese and Lamont.

I decided to pass by the shop after I came from the groomers with my baby. Lamont didn't have an appointment with a client until 4, so we chose to stroll around for a few blocks. It's hot outside, but there's this soothing breeze that keeps the temperature somewhat cool.

"Does August have a girl?" He asked me.

"No..." I replied, confused why he would pose such a question.

"Is he feeling anybody?" Okay, now he's creeping me out.

"Why are you asking me all these questions? Are you checking for him?" I joked, softly rubbing Reese's head. He paused his steps, causing me to also and people had to go around us.

"Do you have a problem with that?" He looked me dead in the eyes.

"Monty, stop playing." I know he's not serious. Ever since I met him, I haven't gotten the vibe that he's attracted to guys. Has he been fake flirting with me?

"I've been bisexual for a while now. I didn't know you would have a problem with it."

"I didn't say that. It's just, I'm surprised. You can like, love, and f*ck anybody you want. I don't have the right to judge you; only one man can."

"Well, now you know." This sort of awkward silence overtook us. I didn't know what to say to continue the conversation. "I can show you a picture of my ex. I think you'll think that he's good looking." He pulled out his phone and went on the hunt for the picture.

"Okay." When he found the photo, he showed it to me. It was on Instagram and it was him. "You are so stupid." I playfully pushed him away and he laughed as I started to walk again.

"I was only trying to figure out the situation between the two of you. I only like women." You should of been more direct.

"We're just friends." That fact isn't up for discussion.

"Hmmm, good to know. Are you doing anything later?" Lamont glanced at me.

 Are you doing anything later?" Lamont glanced at me