Chapter 65

"The sun'll come out
Nothing good ever comes easy
I know times are rough
But winners don't quit
So don't you give up
The sun'll come out
But we've been struggling endless days
Someday we'll find the love
'Cause after the storm..."
Kali Uchis ft. Tyler, The Creator & Bootsy Collins "After the Storm"

Ashanti

Amy Winehouse once sang, "They tried to make me go to rehab but I said no no no."

Mary J. Blige's song 'Therapy' also goes something like this, "Why would I spend the rest of my days unhappy when I can go therapy?"

Two different perspectives about remedies for repairing the mind, body, and soul from two beautiful women. That shows how people deal with certain situations in their own ways.

August has been to all of my therapy sessions and he seems to take them more seriously than I do.

It's not that I don't take it seriously, it's just people heal in different ways. When my parents died, I cried and remained in isolation for a while before I found other things to distract me like going to work or going somewhere relaxing. I wasn't allowed to go back to the hospital until I finished my therapy sessions and did what my therapist instructed me to do because I'm a victim of trauma.

To me, therapy just makes you relive the tragedies instead of putting them behind you.

So, the hospital's therapist advised that I should go away for a week in order for me reconnect with my inner being.

August with his eagerness to input into the conversation announced that we were planning to go to Nassau, Bahamas instead of Korea like he first suggested. The South may be the more chill part, but you'll never see me in places where there are ongoing conflicts or conflicts that are on the verge of occurring.

I wanted to go to Cancún, but when I saw over 100 people have been murdered since the beginning of the year, I quickly crossed it off my list. I'm not trying to get involved in a battle between drug cartels.

Hawaii is just going threw it with these volcano eruptions. I was leaning towards Barbados because I wanted to see the amazing things Riri always talks about, but I heard that the Bahamas was less crowded at this time.

My therapist, Mrs. Davis, shut down the idea of a couple's retreat real quick and said that I had to go alone, so I could really focus on myself. I was like, okay.

I kept my mouth shut until August and I left her office. We picked up some Sonic on our way home; chicken tenders with honey mustard, onion rings, and a pickle juice slush for me while he got a double cheeseburger with a side of fries and a root beer. When I say Sonic's burgers are heavy, they are heavy.

And you know the worst part about that whole fiasco related to my traveling plans? August agreed with her.

I did everything I could think of to convince him to come with me. I made his favorites and gave him sensual massages. I even cried because I know that he's a sucker for tears, but I can't win for losing.

I shook his stubbornness off. I can have fun all by myself.

When we were going to the airport, I was in a foul mood the whole way. He assured me that everything was going to be fine, and I should just have a good time and to take a lot of pictures for him.