Chapter 62

"Ready or not, here I come, you can't hide (Ayo, nobody move)
Gonna find you and take it slowly
Ready or not (Uh-huh), here I come, you can't hide (Ayo, nobody move)
Gonna find you and make you want me (Come on)
Ready or not, here I come, you can't hide (You know the—)
Gonna find you and take it slowly (You know)
Ready or not (Uh-huh), here I come, you can't hide
Gonna find you and make you want me."
Fugees "Ready or Not"

Ashanti

I felt something constantly hitting my elbow and I tried it get it to stop, but I realized I couldn't move my hands apart.

They must be handcuffed or chained together. Plus, I can't see. A blindfold is covering my eyes and my back is against a hard object, possibly a pole.

"Ashanti." I heard a voice behind me say. It sounded like Lamont even though it was a little raspy.

"Monty?"

"Yeah, it's me." He confirmed.

"Where are we?" I whispered, unsure of our surroundings just in case someone was peeping in on our conversation.

"Look, I never wanted this to happen. We will get out of here very soon."

"How did we get here? Who is behind all of this?" I wondered. He sighed deeply.

"It's—." He was interrupted by another voice.

"Boss, she's awake. Both of them are."

"Good, we're right on track." It sounded like a glass was placed down on a table before footsteps approached us. "Take off the blindfolds." Suddenly, a hand roughly removes it from my eyes. My head was forcefully yanked to the side, but my concentration was mainly on making my eyes adjust to the dim light, so I could see clearly.

I expected to be in a dirty warehouse or attic, but it looked like a house. The walls were white, there was nice furniture along with a tv, and I was sitting on the cold floor.

There were a bunch of dudes standing around with their weapons visibly holstered at their sides and mean demeanors. I quickly took notice of the person in front of me.

Brandon.

"Ashanti, Ashanti, Ashanti

"Ashanti, Ashanti, Ashanti. Or should I say Queen?" I was speechless. I thought that I would never see this bastard ever again. "You look surprised to see me."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Let's say I was jealous. I've been in love with you since the first time I saw you." He crouched down to my level. "I sent you gifts that you never appreciated. After you put a restraining order on me, I was arrested because this girl claimed that I raped her and I was sentenced to six years in prison when they found my DNA. While I was in there, I found out from my boys that you were with August. Then y'all broke up, but now y'all planning to get married. I can't believe it, the same nigga who broke your heart. I escaped and I've been on the run ever since while keeping an eye on you. You were supposed to be notified, but I have a couple of friends in the system who made sure that didn't happen." He laughed evilly before rising up to his feet again.