Prologue

EDITED

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep.

Dreaming about the things that we could be but baby, I've been, I've been praying hard...

Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars...

          Ugh! What the hell now, Nicholas?! I open my eyes and groaned. I slowly pick up my phone and sighed.

          "Hello Nicky?"

          "Lilly, I told you NOT to call me that! I know my sister's name is Paris but that doesn't mean I have to be Nicky!"

           I wave my hand in dismay even though he can't see me. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry, okay? Now, why the hell are you calling me early in the morning?"

           I hear a gasp on the other line.

           "Early in the morning? Li, you do realize it's almost 8 am, right? School is starting soon!" He said. I quickly jumped and start to make my bed.

            "WHAT?! I'm coming right now! I'm not going to let my records go dirty just because of one, teenie tiny mistake."

             I hung up and sprint into the bathroom to take a record-breaking shower. Then, I picked out random clothes from my walk-in-closet. Don't worry; I'm not that stupid to pick out a bikini from it.

             After wearing my clothes and black Converse, I ran downstairs as fast as I can.

            "Hey sis. Wanna break your clean record on the first day of school? Thought so." My younger brother, Lucas snickered. "Shut up, Luke. I'm NOT going to make my records dirty! Tell mom I am going now." I said as I ran out the door.

           "Kay, sis. LOVE YOU!" I heard him shout.

           "LOVE YOU TOO, BRO!" I shouted back.

           I quickly got into my red Porsche. I drive so fast that I'm pretty sure I'll get a ticket for it but I don't give a damn right now. The only thing that is on my mind right now is that I want to keep my records clean. I look at my watch.

           7:50 am

           Fucking hell! 10 more minutes and I'll be saying goodbye to my clean records.

           When I reached the parking lot of the school, I saw that not many students are outside. They've gone in to their classrooms by now. After I parked my car, I quickly sprinted to my locker. I looked at my watch again.

           7:55 am

          Shit, at this rate, I'll never make it on time. I didn't look where I was going and crashed into a wall.

          Or maybe it was a person who has a wall for a chest.

          I fell on my ass and it wasn't pleasant. "Dude, watch where you are-" I stopped immediately after I saw who I bumped into. My hazel eyes met with a pair of green ones.

          Shit.

          It's Ashton Scott Spencer. He's the famous bad boy in Crosswell High aka my crush since forever.

          Oh god, why? You might as well just kill me now.

           I quickly stood up. "I'm sorry. I didn't-" He cuts me off. "Save your breath." He said harshly. His green eyes gave me a long stare before walking away. I frowned. How rude, I thought. I mean, at least I apologized, right?

          Wrong.

          Apparently, kids here don't care if you're nice. If you are labeled, that's how they are going to treat you.

          I shook the thoughts away and gasped as I just remembered I was going to be late. Must keep records clean! I quickly searched my English book which decided to play hide-and-seek with me at this time.

          "Fucking hell." I muttered to myself.

          Finally, I found it under my other pile of books. I ran as fast as I can- which isn't a problem for me because I was the fastest runner when I was younge- how about I save that story for later?

          After what seems like a billion years, I reached my class. I knocked the door and went in. Everyone raised their head to see who was breathing heavily like a person who is having an asthma attack.

           "Miss Lambert, it is so nice for you to join us." In the second seat, I see Nicholas giving me a sympathetic look. I gave him a you-should-have-called-me-sooner-asshole look. He shrugged.

           "Sadly, you are late to class! I don't know what has got into your mind! You are never late to class but still, you are late to class and there's nothing you can do about it, Miss Lambert. Office, NOW!" She ordered.

           "But Mrs. Lovana, I-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence when the teacher cuts me off. Wow, people just love to cut off my sentences nowadays.

          "Now, Lilliana!"

           Shit.

           I didn't realize I've said that out loud until the whole class gasped.

          "2 discipline referrals."

          Bitch.

          Luckily, I didn't say that out loud.