[5] Comforting

EDITED

Nicholas Rivers

          "LILLIANA!" I shouted but she doesn't look back. I stand up and ran towards the door. But then, I feel someone grabbing my hand. I turned and saw Violet. "I wanna come." She said. Well, I can't say no because she's also Lilly's best friend. "Fine. Come on!"

          We searched everywhere. The classes, labs, library, the science garden... Where the hell are you, Lilliana?

         "Wait! I think I know where she is!" Violet exclaimed.

         "Well, what are you waiting for? Lead the way, Vi!" I yelled.

          We ran until we reached a flight of stairs. Now I know where we are going. We ran up the stairs and opened the door that leads to the school's roof garden. Then, we heard sobs. We looked at each other and said 'Lilliana' at the same time. We looked around and spotted a familiar shadow. I ran towards her.

          "Lilliana!" I shouted once more. She looked at me for a second and turned away.

          "What did I do wrong?" She asked with a voice so small that only she can hear it. But by some miracle, Violet hears her. "You didn't do anything wrong, Lil' Li." She said as she sits beside her and pats her back, comforting her.

          "It's the bitch's fault." I said as a matter-of-fact as I sit in front of her. She finally raises her head a little and I can see it in her eyes that she is sad.

         No shit.

         Shut up, inner self.

         "But why? What? What the hell did I do wrong?!" She shouted then continues sobbing.

         "Shh... Just cool down awhile, Lilly. It'll be okay. I promise." I sad while she sobs on my chest while Vi continues to rub her back soothingly.

         "Yeah, we'll make it better somehow." Violet says. Lilliana just nods.

~~~

          After awhile on the roof garden, I walked Lilliana to her class. I don't have art class because I'm taking the science course.

          "You sure you'll be okay?" I asked, worrying.

          She smiles. "Yeah. I'll be fine. Go to class or you'll be late." I'm glad she's okay. I nodded and went to the other direction.

Wayne Sadowski

           I walked myself to art class while my twin brother walked the other way to the science lab. As I walked into the Art Room, I see Lilliana sitting alone. I decided to sit with her.

           "Hey, LOL. I'm sorry to see you being humiliated in front of the whole school." I said, trying to lift her spirits.

          "Hey, uh... Dwayne. It's okay. It's not your fault anyway." She said while giving me half-hearted smile.

          I frowned. "I'm Wayne." No one actually knew how to tell us apart. She immediately frowns. "Oh, sorry. I didn't know. I can't really tell you guys apart." I shrug it off. "Nah, it's okay. So... Do you like arts?" I asked her, trying to make a conversation.

          She laughs and smiles. Great job, Wayne. I deserve a pat on the back for making her laugh. "Well duh. If I don't like arts, I wouldn't be here, right?" I smiled too.

          "Right. So what else do you like?"

          "Music. I mean, everyone loves that shit, right?" She says.

          I throw my head back. "Me too and you are right again."

          She gives me a I-know-I-am-smart look. "I guess we have the same hobbies then, Weenie Spider." I raise an eyebrow. What did she just call me?

          "Weenie Spider? What the hell is that?" I asked her with a confused look on my face.

           She shrugs. "You know, your initials are WS without your middle name and you are just 5 foot 8 so Weenie Spider fits you perfectly." She explains.

           I'm like 3 times taller than you, I thought with a raised eyebrow.

           Wow, she is one weird girl but surprising fun to talk to.

           I wonder how will Ashton make her fall in love with him.

          "Okay, LOL." I roll my eyes, dismissing her ridiculous nickname for me.