Chapter fifteen

After introducing me to Alpha Vincent, Tate swept me away to show me the rest of the village. What I really wanted to do, was run through the forest. My legs are itching to move faster as being cooped up in a bedroom for a few days can have that effect on you.

Tate continues to talk about the Pack, things that do interest me, but I can't stay focused.

"Tate" I cut him off. He looks down at me, causing me to blush. "Can we go for a run? Please?"

Even trying to stand still doesn't work. My legs and feet keep moving back and forth on the sidewalk. Finally, Tate notices my uneasiness and grips my hand.

"Come on" he chuckles, taking me towards the forest.

My first instinct is to let go of his hand and run to the border. But my second instinct is to stay, and make sure he trusts me.

A group of men come out from the forest again, trotting over to Tate and I in their wolf forms. I slip behind Tate, holding on to the back of his shirt like a little kid. He laughs again.

I hear the sound of bones cracking and shifting, causing me to wince into Tate's muscular back.

"Alpha Tate. What brings you here?" A familiar voice asks. Tate takes hold of my wrists, wrapping my arms around his waist. I hang on tightly, shielding myself from the men.

"Isabella wanted to go for a run" he says softly, running a thumb over my hand.

"Good morning Miss Bella!" Someone yells. I peak around Tate and see Kyle standing next to Noah.

"Hi Kyle" I manage, before scooting closer to Tate. The men let out small laughs.

They all go silent for a few seconds. When I look around at Kyle and the others, their eyes are all fogged over in mind-link. I huff in annoyance and stomp my foot like a little kid. Whatever they're talking about, I'm not to know.

"Alright Bella, let's go" Tate tugs my hand again and takes me into the forest.

The men run in, shifting in mid-air into their wolves. I watch in awe at the beautiful wolves, each a different color.

I'll look like that soon.

"Are you gonna shift?" I ask Tate, looking up at him. He smiles, kissing my cheek.

"Do you want me to?"

Something in me urges me to say no. He's faster as a wolf, if I was to run, he was to follow. But I'm not planning on running, so it won't be a problem.

"Please?"

He nods and backs up from me. Like Dylan, he watches me all through the shift. Though this time I'm not screaming on the inside. Nothing is telling me to run, to hide.

In a flash, Tate shifts into his dark blue wolf. The fur makes his green eyes pop and stand out. His wolf is the same height as Dylan's, both bigger than I've ever seen anything before.

He trots up to me and nudges my palm with his snout.

"I'm going to call you fluffy" I murmur, petting his soft fur. He growls in disapproval, only causing me to laugh. "Come on fluffy, I want to run. Try and catch me"

I get up and sprint deeper into the forest, giggling when I hear Tate's playful bark. In no time, he's already caught up to me. I squeal and will my legs to move faster. Soon enough, I'm leaving Tate in the dust. He catches up again, leaping over top of me and standing in my way. My feet immediately move to dodge him, sprinting the other way with a laugh.

I think back to something that Dylan had said to me while running away the first day.

Goddess Isabella, how are you running that fast without being a wolf yet?