Chapter twenty-eight

After the run, Alpha Vincent took Violet for a nap and Darcey and Noah went out to the village. Most of the Pack house was empty, save for a few cubs and teens every now and then. I raced Tate up to his room, my wolf howling with joy every time I looked at him. I was feeling playful for once, so I ran into the bedroom before him and slammed the door closed. He pushed on it, not expecting my body to be leaning against it with as much might as I could.

"Oh come on Isabella" he mutters, but I could tell he was smiling. I giggle, and when he tries again, I lean harder. He lets out a groan, twists the knob and pushes with so much force that I almost fall back. Luckily, I catch my balance and lean again. The door opens this time, and he reaches an arm in so I can't shut it. I growl playfully and back away from the door. He throws it open with a smirk, but is still growling. His eyes go black.

I squeal and run across the room. He follows me with an evil grin, his chest rumbling with growls. I try to run past him, but he catches my waist and throws me onto the bed like he had with Violet. He straddles my waist, being cautious not to suffocate me. I squirm beneath him, giggling while trying to push him off. He holds me down with on hand next to my head and the other resting on my hip.

"That's not fair" I growl. "You way like a billion pounds"

"A billion pounds of pure muscle" he mumbles, leaning closer to me. My eyes flutter shut when his scent enclosed around me. That, mixed with the fluffy pillows and soft sheets, was pure heaven.

His lips capture mine instantly, my growls falling silent with his. My hands snake around his neck and into his hair, pulling him closer to me. He places a hand on my back and meets me halfway.

I run my hands down his chest and grab the bottom of his shirt, pulling it over his head. He smiles down at me, his eyes still dark and mischievous. I blush at the sight of his bare chest, smoothing my hands over his muscles. He closes his eyes and I feel him shutter under my touch. I smile and grab his chin, pulling his lips down to mine again.

I love how his lips fit mine exactly, how my curves fit into his. We were meant to be with each other, and I realized it now more than I ever had.

He traces my bottom lip with his tongue and I grant entrance. His tongue slips into my mouth, making me moan in delight. I run my nails down his chest and back up, feeling him shiver and growl again.

He starts to trail kisses along my jawline, then down my neck. I tilt my head to the side with a sigh of bliss. He finds my sweet spot, where my neck meets my shoulder.

"Mark me" I whisper suddenly; my voice husky. He pulls back, eyes filled with lust. I could tell he was trying to control his wolf from doing something, but he was struggling.

"Are you sure?" His whole body was shaking; it must be hard to hold back an Alphas wolf.

"I'm positive" as soon as the words came out of my mouth, his canines slid out and pierced into my neck.

I held back a scream.

The pain started in my neck, falling down my body slowly in waves. I tried pushing the billion pounds of pure muscle above me, but he didn't pull back. Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. The pain was almost unbearable, far more painful than my fathers beatings.

"Tate stop" I whimpered pushing against his shoulders. He placed both hands on my hips, sinking his teeth further into my neck. My back arched with a painful but silent howl. I didn't need the whole Pack to know that I was in pain.

I push against him again and again, pounding my fists against his chest. I felt useless, like I had with my father. Panic settled in the bottom of my stomach, my mind started going fuzzy.