Chapter twenty

Dylan stares at me with shock. No other emotion hides in his eyes but shock. I silently fist bump myself for the outcome.

"Who told you that?" He asks.

We both turn our heads to the sound of a twig snapping. Dylan sniffs the air, then looks back at me.

"Tate, he told me everything" I whisper, glaring him down still.

Dylan's eyes soften unbelievably fast. He shuffles towards me, but doesn't attempt to touch me.

"Isabella, I was going to tell you when you shifted. I thought telling you about that right after I told you about wolves would set you off. I needed you to be use to it before I told you so you wouldn't leave me" the sadness in his voice is there, drowning out everything else. "Then Tate took you and I needed to get my Pack ready to fight for you. I came as soon as possible, I swear I was going to tell you"

I've never seen anyone show that much reaction to something I had said. His eyes turn sad, his posture hunches over as he attempts to move closer to me. A voice screams to not believe him, to stall for longer. But a larger part tells me that he isn't lying. It just makes me more confused.

"I love you because your my mate. Your powers are useless to me Isabella. I don't care about them, I care about you. You and only you" he cups my cheek with his hands and moves so close that his breath fans my face, his body heat radiates off of him in waves and touching me like a soft caress. I sigh silently and close my eyes.

I want to tell him that he's wrong. He has another mate, Tate showed her to me. She looked like a perfect fit for Dylan, a perfect fit for a Luna. Although I know this, I'm silently growling in jealousy.

He's mine.

I nod quickly and place my hand over his.

"Do you trust me?" He asks silently, his eyes scanning mine. It's the same question Tate asked me, and I had said yes to him. Of course I trusted Dylan, but did I trust Tate more?

"Yes, I do"

In that moment it felt like Tate didn't even exist. Worse than that, it felt like I was betraying him. I'd never try to do that to him, even if he did kidnap me. He had his reason. But Tate was the least worry on my mind, it was how Dylan was supposed to get out without getting caught.

"Don't worry Princess" he murmurs, crouching down behind the tree and looking around it. "I've got it all planned out, we should be able to run in three....two...."

A howl set off in the distance, rugged and hypnotizing. Then another. Dylan's eyes filled with excitement and revenge as he grabbed my hand and started running. I hadn't run that far from the border, but far enough. Dylan shifted mid step into his wolf, looking back at me.

Get on. He linked me. I didn't ask questions, just looked behind me and climbed onto his large wolf. He carried me like Tate had, as if I was weightless. He ran faster in wolf form, which made me think how fast I could run in my wolf form. My hair flew back behind me. I grip Dylan's fur and sit up so that I can feel the air on every inch of my skin. It made me smile slightly to myself.

Freedom.

That's what it felt like when I went fast. Freedom.

The border line gets closer with each pounding step he takes. My heart beat picks up the same pace as his feet, my smile turning down with each passing second.

I can't do this, I think. I can't leave Tate.

Dylan crosses the border, howling in victory to his companions. In an instant, a wolf is on each side of him, slightly shorter but still indimidating.