○ ELEVEN ○

○ Eleven ○

"Going out tonight?" My mother asked as I placed my school bag on a chair in the kitchen.

She was drinking a cup of coffee and looked up when I walked in. "Nah, don't really feel like it" I replied, walking over to the cupboard and grabbed a glass.

Moving to the fridge, I pulled out the orange juice and poured it into my glass. "Looks like you had a rough day" mum said, trying to keep the conversation flowing.

"I did, but I'm all good now" I answered.

I glanced at mum, seeing her nurse scrubs. "Work again?" I asked, before taking a sip of my orange juice.

She nodded before frowning. "I know we don't spend a lot of time together anymore and I promise I'll make it up to you, we're just struggling a bit babe" she said, turning her phone off.

"Its fine mum, I'm a teenager anyway, I'm not that cool to hang out with" I replied.

Her phone buzzed and she glanced at it before standing up. She leaned over to kiss my forehead. "I'll see you later, okay?" She asked, looking at me worriedly.

I nodded and watched her walk out for work. Sighing, I slid into her now vacant seat and stared at the same spot on the bench as I drunk my orange juice. My doorbell rang, startling me and making me spill my juice all over my shirt.

Cursing, I grabbed the nearest cloth and started to dab at the sticky mess and walked to the door. Pulling it open, I rolled my eyes. "What?" I asked as Matthew leant against one of my posts.

His arms were crossed and he stared at me as I kept dabbing at my shirt. "What did you do?" He asked, clicking his tongue.

"What did I do? I spilt juice all over my uniform because someone frightened the crap out of me" I scolded back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, forgetting my shirt.

"Thought I'd come annoy my new best friend" he replied a smirk gracing his face.

I rolled my eyes again, opening the door wider. He walked in, the smell of rose and sandalwood followed him. I tried not to look at him too much, sometimes guys were really just the package deal.
They smelt incredible, had a great body, they were really sweet and incredibly hot, and that was Matthew Kane.

He was the package deal. Plus we had grown up together so I knew what he liked and didn't like, knew his fears and he knew mine. His eyes met for a brief moment and something passed between us until Matthew looked away.

Why did he have to be so good?

"So what are your plans for tonight? Crazy train?" He asked walking into my lounge room.

I followed him. "No, tonight I'm going to sit my ass on that couch and catch up on 'The Good Place' on Netflix" I replied, shrugging one shoulder.

Matthew shook his head. "That simply will not do, go upstairs and get changed" he bossed immediately.

"No, I'm fine" I replied, crossing my arms.

He sighed. "Shels, you're 19 and only have one friend who dogged you today, go get your ass upstairs and get dressed" he said, staring at me intently.

I glared at him and he glared back. "How am I dressing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever you like" he replied, sitting down on my couch.

Grumbling to myself about the unfairness of our new friendship, I trudged upstairs and got ready for whatever Matthew had in store.

I wore a light blue long sleeve shirt before pulling a black overall over it and pairing it with my black combat boots. I brushed my hair up into a high ponytail and applied light lip gloss to my lips and a little mascara to my eyes.