○ THIRTY ○

The beautiful voice in this track is an artist called GRAACE. But Shelby's voice sounds exactly like this. Just a heads up. ;)

○ THIRTY ○

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I glanced at my phone, before ignoring it.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Are you gonna answer that?" Alana asked as she lounged on my bed.

"No" I replied.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Could be important" she said.

"Doubt it" I replied.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Oh for gosh sakes, just answer it or I will" she said firmly.

I sighed and slid the screen. "Hello, this is someone who doesn't care, how may I help you?" I asked, glancing at Alana who frowned.

"Shelby, listen I know you don't want to speak to Matthew but please come to the Cafe tonight" Harry's voice said, cutting through.

"Go away, Shelby.. hi.. it's Conner, look can you do us all a favour and meet us at the Cafe tonight, it's important and if it makes you feel better.. we won't invite Matthew" Conner said before I heard a crash.

I frowned. "What was that?" I asked.

Conner gave out a nervous laugh. "I pushed Harry into a glass table, gotta go! Meet us at the cafe at seven!" He exclaimed before hanging up.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it before shaking my head. "Who was it?" Alana asked.

"Harry and Conner, they want me to go to the cafe at seven" I replied, putting my phone down.

"Well? Are you going to go?" She asked, looking up from her book.

"No" I replied.

"Why?" She asked, frowning.

"Because it's clearly a set up, and I am not in the mood to deal with Matthew" I replied, frowning at her.

She put her hands up in surrender before her phone rang. "Ah I gotta go, the monster is calling" she said standing up.

The monster being her mother. "Okay, see you tomorrow" I said as she waved goodbye.

Finally to myself, I glanced at the clock. "No, why are you even considering it?" I scolded myself.

I glanced at the clock again while it blared black numerals at me. "It's only five-thirty" I said to myself.

Turning back to my textbooks I tried to study but the nagging sensation in my head wouldn't stop. At six-thirty I gave up. "Fine, I'm going, happy!" I exclaimed at my reflection as I walked into the bathroom.

I brushed my hair and tied it up into a messy bun before applying little make up. Hopefully, I wasn't going to be out long, so I sprayed my deodorant and a shit ton of perfume before looking in the mirror. I looked fine. Good enough to go out, but not enough to show I care.

"Mum, I'm going to the cafe, I'll be back later" I said as I walked down the stairs.

She looked up from her laptop. "Hun it's almost seven o'clock, didn't I ground you?" She asked, giving me that disapproving mother look.

"Yeah, you also told me to move to Matthew's, look I'll be back quickly.. apparently it's important" I said, not wanting to get into another argument.