Chapter 74.2 ~ Briefing

AN: Things start to get afoot. The true nature of the villains in this arc is revealed. Hope you guys enjoy this one. :D

As they were staring at the strange foxman, Silverio began introducing the two.

"May I have your attention everyone. I will start introducing our comrades for this mission. This is Ms. Vyra. As all of you might know, she acts as the scout and assassin in her party, Crimson Lightning. I believe all of you have seen her abilities and have no objections, correct?"

All of them nodded. It wasn't because their captain said so, it was because they couldn't not recognize her abilities after all of them were beaten down single handedly by her.

"Then next, this is Mr. Nyx. He's Ms. Vyra's and Mr. Leon's childhood friend who's also talented in infiltration and assassination missions."

"...Forgive me for being rude, but can we trust him, captain?"

"He is someone recommended by the [Dark Hero] and have gained the approval of his majesty and her highness princess Aria. In terms of ability, I can assure you that he won't lose even to Ms. Vyra."

What Silverio just said was an incredibly unbelievable statement. However, although surprised, they accepted it fairly quickly. Leon, the [Dark Hero] was an incredibly respectable man who doesn't have the unsightly greediness and arrogance that many people with power have, especially one as great as the power he posses. And such man had recommended Nyx for this confidential mission, which means that he recognized his abilities and trust worthiness.

Even the King and Princess put their trust on him and allow him to be a part this mission.

There was no reason for them to object.

In addition, just by looking at him standing still, they can't even see an opening from him. They could already feel the pressure, the overwhelming gap between their abilities. If he and Ms. Vyra was on their side, there's no reason to fear anymore. Even if their mission was to infiltrate the heart of a hostile kingdom, they believe they could still succeed if they're with them.

"Are there any questions?"

""No Sir!""

"Very well, then let us begin the briefing. Our first objective is to set the magic items created by Ms. Julia, the recording crystals onto every room of the mansion. Second, confirm the existence of kidnapped innocents. Third, find out any hidden rooms and paths in the mansion. Then as for the route......."

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

A man stride through the hallway of a mansion. He was visibly agitated from the way his face twist. It was as if there was something incredibly unpleasant bothering his peaceful life of indulgence. After reaching a certain room, the man banged open the door.

"Dad! Dad! Are you here?"

"What's the matter Pavel. Can't you see I'm preoccupied?"

An old sweating fat man could be seen on the bed with two tied up naked women. With but a glance, Pavel could see bruises on the women and tear stains on their expressionless faces. They were like lifeless dolls.

However he didn't care. In his mind, the matter that's troubling him was more important than the two miserable and filthy women who were only good as toys.

"How is the plan?! That bastard will be purifying that mansion tomorrow! Aren't we going to kill him when he's busy with that? So why are you playing with your toys?"

"Calm down, Pavel. Everything is set. Just wait for the good knews."

"Oh, is it truly father?!"

"Yes. No matter how strong he is, no one would be able to defend against magic bombardments from 10 magicians suddenly right? Well even if he did manage to survive, I've also prepared mercenaries equipped with weapons with especially potent poisons smeared on it to kill him and his friends off."

"Just kill the men, father. Those women are of high quality you know? I want to thoroughly play with them until they break."

"Hahaha, of course. But Pavel, do remember to share those toys with me, okay?"

"Of course father. This is the reward for our effort after all."

The old man and Pavel smiled evilly at each other, confident that their plan will not fail. That night, laughter resounded in the room for quite a while.

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, welcome back Leon, Vyra... what's wrong?"

"..."

"..."

Leon and Vyra came into the room hand in hand without saying a word. Vyra's expression had a mix of disgust, anger, and sadness. It was enough to make Mia and the others realise that there was something wrong.

However, what made them shudder was Leon. His crimson eyes were incredibly dark and cold and his face was expressionless. It was actually the first time anyone had seen Leon this angered.

Leon does not vent his anger by flaring up and act on impulse. When he's angered, he became incredibly cold instead. His red eyes were filled with darkness and unimaginable anger that sent shivers down everyone around him.

However, everyone in that room knows Leon very well and didn't fear him. They were worried instead.

Moreover, although Freya, Lily and Vyra said that he would hold their hands and kiss them when they were alone, the fact that he was holding Vyra's hand tightly showed just how much he was in his own mind that he disregard the situation.

"Everyone, there's something we need to warn you about. Although Freya, Char, and my liege's power could prevent it from harming you or even if it did, we will immediately cure you, it is still something you need to know about."

Mia and the others gathered around the coffee table and sat down on the couches with incredibly serious expressions. Freya sat beside Leon and placed her hands on his while Lily served tea to Vyra and Leon.

Vyra took out a small vial filled with dark greenish liquid.

"First, we found this during our infiltration mission to the marquis's mansion. It is an incredibly venomous liquid that would paralyze all your muscles almost immediately if even one drop of it flowed into your bloodstream. Please be careful."

"... I got it. I'll make sure to bring antidote potions."

"Second, there will be at least 10 magicians that will bombard us with magic spells and numerous mercenaries that will attack us, so please be careful."

"Geh, 10? Leon had taught me mana shield so I can defend against spells but 10 is still too much..."

"Don't worry, Freya, Char and my liege can deploy a stealth magic barrier around us to protect us. However, please stay vigilant."

"G-Got it."

"That guy is really trying to kill us huh?"

...

All of them went silent for a moment.

"It doesn't matter."

Everyone turned their eyes towards Leon immediately. Their eyes widened in surprise after hearing Leon's deep voice filled with anger that seemed to have come from the depths of hell. His crimson eyes burning in rage.

"No matter how many magicians and mercenaries they send, no matter what kind of poison they use, by the time they decided to harm the people I treasure, I will make sure they wish for death instead."