10 | Aging Potion

Y/n was one of the few people in the library at the time, working on the homework Professor McGonagall had assigned them earlier in the week. She wanted to finish it, since she wanted her weekend to be free, as there would be a Hogsmade trip.

Her peace and quiet was interrupted when three figures sat down on the table – one on each side of her and one opposite of her. She didn't even need to look up to guess it was the twins and Lee. Ignoring them, she continued working on her essay.

''Hey, love.'' Fred poked her shoulder after a few moments of silence.

She sighed and finally looked up. ''How can I help you?''

''Well, you see, we have a plan for entering our names in the Goblet of Fire,'' Fred told her.

''And we need your help,'' George added.

''You do realize you can't just enter your names, right?'' Y/n eyed both of them. ''You're still sixteen.''

''We know,'' the two chorused.

''And that's why-''

''-we need you, love. You're the brightest witch in our year.''

''Like the Hermione of our year, but you're smarter!''

Y/n looked at Lee for an explanation. ''They want to use aging potion.''

She laughed. ''An aging potion? You don't think Dumbledore would've thought of that?''

"We know that Dumbledore is great and all-"

"-but we think that he might of not really thought about this, since it isn't the smartest thing to do.'' George finished for Fred.

Y/n shook her head. ''You know what? I'm in. This plan might be stupid and won't work, but I want to see the outcome.''

''Great, now, you'll have to help us make the potion,'' Fred said.

Y/n took a piece of parchment she hadn't used yet and her quill, then wrote down a few ingredients she'd need to brew their desired potion. She then handed them the list and said, ''This is everything I'll need. The thing is, I don't have any of these ingredients.''

''That's alright, just tell us what you need-''

''-and we'll smuggle it from Snape.'' George finished.

''That won't be necessary,'' Y/n said. ''The things I need are basic school ingredients, I can just buy them at Hogsmade tomorrow and the potions shouldn't take too long to make.'' I explained.

''You're the best, Y/n!" the twins spoke as their wrapped their arms around the girl in a hug.

''I am, aren't I?''

- - -

The four sixth years left the carriage when they arrived at Hogsmade, turning to one another. ''So, Fred and I are going to Zonko's and Lee and Y/n are going to get the ingredients Y/n needs for the potion, right?''

''I can go with Y/n to get the ingredients, too. You know what to buy anyway,'' Fred said, causing both Lee and George to roll their eyes at him.

''Honestly, I don't care either way,'' George said and turned to the third boy. ''Lee, c'mon. We'll see you guys in the three broomsticks later.''

''Alright then, let's go.'' Y/n pulled Fred's arm in the direction of the ingredients shop, leaving George and Lee behind. The two looked at each other wiggling their eyebrows.

- - -

''Alright, hand me the cauldron.'' Lee handed Y/n the cauldron and she put it over the fire, starting to mix the ingredients.