Epilogue

~10 years later~

It's been 10 years. Alot has happened. My parents passed sadly. My dad died a year after our wedding and mum 2 years later. It's been tough, but we've been there for each other. Claire and Chris were on and off for a while but they tied the knot 2 years ago. Bev and Raya got married right after college.

Bev and Raya have 2 kids. Bev carried with Raya's egg to give us my twin nieces. They are 4 and so adorable. Claire and Chris adopted 2, one boy and one girl. They are 10 and 12.

As for us.
Brooke is a doctor. We still live in LA. Raya and Bev are still in the house we gave them. Claire and Chris live about 10 minutes away. So we still extremely close.

Brooke and I had 3 kids. The first one, her name is Sam. She's 7. I carried her but it was Brooke's egg that was used.
The second one, her name is Elsa. She's 3. Brooke carried but it was my egg.
Our last, but eldest, is Raven. She's 16, turns 17 today.
We adopted her 2 years ago but fostered her for abit. We love her like she is our own. Because she is. She's our family. She calls us 'mom' and 'mama'. I'm mom. Brooke is mama. To all our kids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Is Raven up?" I ask my wife who came back into our room from getting snacks.

"No baby. No one is. What's up with you lately? You're up early, have weird cravings."

"I don't know. Is everything sorted for the party?"

"Yes. Bev said they sat up and that everyone is going to be there by 2."

"Good. My baby is turning 17. She's so big."

"I know. Soon it's gonna be those two as well."

"Time flew hey."

There's a knock at our door.
"Come in."

Raven walks in and she looks like she's been crying.

"What's wrong baby. Come here."
She comes into the bed and sits between us. We wrap our arms around her and lay down.

"What's wrong baby?"

"I'm so happy."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because you and mom took me in. When I had no one, you became my family and I love you so much. And now you're throwing me a birthday party and I couldn't be more grateful."

"How do you know about the party?" I ask her. No one mentioned it.

"You were talking to Aunt Raya the other day. And I heard you saying you were throwing me one."

"Oh."

"Thank you for everything."

"You don't need to that us baby girl. You are our child. Doesn't matter you don't have our blood in your veins, but you are our baby girl okay?"

"Okay mama."

"Good. Now let's take a nap okay?"

She nodded and we fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We are all sitting in my SUV. I sold the jeep and the audi and bought an SUV and another audi. Only this time it had 4 doors and was suited for a family. Brooke has a merc and today Raven is getting a jeep. She has her license but no car because she insisted she'd be fine without one.

We pull up to the house and see all the cars parked. All her friends from school and Chris and her family.

"Moms. Who's all here?"