How to Have a Successful Book Launch

Even if your book launch is years away, there are still things you can start doing to prepare now to make the most of your future book launch.

by Reedsy

The Long Term: launch not yet in sight

- Start building your platform.

- Start connecting with other writers.

6 Months Before Release Date: start preparing launch

- Start building buzz and reader anticipation.

- Share small snippets of cover and then doing a full cover reveal once you have it. 

- Share commissioned artwork of characters, excerpts or snippets, etc.

- Increase frequency and consistency of newsletter.

- Start planning a launch party.

- Start planning to send out ARCs (advanced reader copies that are sent out for free before release in order to get reviews).

- Do the early planning for a blog tour. Give bloggers ARCs and promotional tools to use on their social platforms. Set up fun challenges for each day (a review, a mood board, cosplay of the characters, photos of the book, etc.).

- Work on a book trailer.

1 Month Before Release Date: the launch is in sight

- Be actively promoting the launch party.

- Ask bookstores if they would be willing to let you put up posters or flyers.

- Organize giveaways (anyone who pre-orders book is entered in the giveaway and names are drawn for prizes).

- Find your street team (a group of volunteers who band together to promote an author and his or her book).

- Continue building buzz (release your book trailer, do a cover reveal, post excerpts, artwork, notify your mailing list, etc.).

- Cross-promote with other authors.

- Post a sample of your book or the first few chapters.

- Find at least one way to promote your book each day.

🎉 You've finished reading writing 4 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜: WRITING ADVICE TO MAKE YOU A BETTER WRITER 🎉