Ch. 14 - Comfort in Love and Peace

For darkness restores what light cannot repair. - Joseph Brodsky.

***

6 weeks later

(Warning: Smut and so much fluff)

Also a short chapter. Sorry!

***

"I'm buying!" Rossi announced as we packed up our desks. We had just gotten back from a family annihilator case. It had taken us 2 weeks to catch the guy and Derek had nearly been shot in the end. It had been brutal, but the bastard was going to rot in state prison.

We headed down to a bar on 9th street. It was called 'Gina's Place' and none of us had been before. We walked in and I instantly giggled as I read the menu. I was thankful for our weekend off because they had my favorite shot on the menu and an area to dance. I needed to get drunk and I needed to dance.

"You guys have to try the moon pie shot, it's moonshine and apple juice," I called over the music. I was met with mixed reactions. Spencer's arms snaked around my waist. He had grown territorial since I came back to work. A habit I didn't have a single problem with. 

The girls and I threw back a shot, while the guys stuck to beer or scotch. Spencer's newfound liking for scotch found him a new friend in Rossi. 

7 shots later and half a glass of Spencer's scotch, I was ready to dance. More than ready since I couldn't see more than 6 feet in front of me steadily. I pulled on his hand and led him to the dancefloor.

"Dance with me?" I begged. My lips hot on his ear.

"Only because I'm tipsy." We danced for several songs making fools out of ourselves as the team cheered us on. 

***

Emily's POV

"Look at them," JJ called to me. I looked at her confused. We were watching them.

"I am."

"No, look at them. They are okay again. She's okay again. Y'know she's finally accepted it, that she was never pregnant." JJ's eyes were sad almost.

"Then why do you look sad?" She sighed.

"I really thought she was pregnant, even before the delusion business. You haven't heard the way she speaks about children Em. She'd make a better mother than me." I passed her another shot.

"They'll have a family someday. We both know it already. For right now, let's just be happy that we have them back." I looked out to see Reid spin her and then dip her. I laughed. 

"Look at pretty boy go," Derek called out. We all laughed. Then paused as they happy couple fell on the dancefloor.

"We're okay!" I heard Max yell through laughs.

"Someone should call them a cab," I said out loud. Rossi nodded to me as he pulled out his phone.

***

Max's POV

We stumbled out of the cab and slowly made our way up the stairs to his apartment. He fumbled with the keys in the lock as I giggled at him. Our poor neighbors.

"Doctor Reid..." I giggled as we stumbled into the apartment. He closed the door and hustled me towards the bedroom. "What are you doing, Doctor?"

"I'm going to have sex with my girlfriend." He slurred out. I giggled as he dropped me on the bed.

***

I woke up the next morning, fingers tracing patterns in my freckles on my back. 

"Mmm good morning," I whispered as I kissed his chest.