Ch. 39 - New Opportunities

Life is a game, play it... Life is too precious, do not destroy it. - Mother Teresa

***

August 3rd

***

I loved waking up in a warm bed, a bed that no longer would lay empty with just one of us. I rolled over, the sheet tucked tightly around my chest, and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. 

"You are just too sweet to wake up too." He purred as he pulled me into his chest, his hands wrapping around my waist. I pressed my lips against his, electricity filling the air in the early hours. 

After a while we finally rose from the bed, slowly heading for the shower. The water was warm and worked on my aching muscles. I had developed a tough knot in my right shoulder after a rough tackle against our last unsub. 

I got to work untangling my hair, while Spencer washed his hair. After fully untangling my hair I heard subtle movement and then hands began working on my shoulders. I leaned back, a soft moan escaping my lips as the knot was worked through. We stayed like this for a time until we heard our phones going off. I cut the water and reached for my phone. 

"Agent Reid here." I heard a small giggle in the background and knew it was Garcia calling. 

"Why are your acoustics echoing so heavily?" I looked at Spencer and swallowed a giggle. 

"Because my dear Penelope, you called us while we were in the shower. Now, what do we owe this honor?" Spencer wrapped a warm towel around me, his arms snaking around me once again. 

I heard a gasp and then a soft giggle, I met Spence's eyes in the mirror. 

"We've got a case, I'd hurry in before you make another set of geniuses." I blushed and hid my face in his shoulder. 

"Garcia hush, we'll be in shortly." I hung up as she began to shout something about godmothers. 

"Y'know it wouldn't be that bad of an idea, I'm sure the twins wouldn't mind having one or two younger siblings to look after." I turned in his arms, my face still a tinge of red. 

"As much as I would like to agree, let's keep this to one exciting thing at a time. I've just gotten used to having you in bed with me at night again, let's not ruin that with a baby." His lips fell into a frown, the cogs in his wheel turning from my words. 

"Max, sweetheart I love you so much okay? But I think we should steal an idea from JJ and Will." I looked up at him, my face was puzzled as I tried to guess what on earth that could have meant. He ran a thumb across my bottom lip, our eyes locked in a moment of silence. 

"I think that at any moment either of us should have the power to veto everything and we'll quit our jobs and start a new life that doesn't involve getting shot in the requirements. That at any moment we can decide to just start over in the mountains somewhere with 5 acres of land, some chickens and a big old garden. I can't imagine what you went through having to sit by my bedside every day willing me to wake up, so this is what I give you instead." I felt his thumbs brush away the tears that had begun to fall, his lips falling upon mine in synchronized sadness. 

"You want to raise chickens?" I chuckled when I pulled away, hoarseness in my voice from the tears. 

"Actually they kinda freak me out, maybe we could get like a horse or maybe some goats." I couldn't help the giggle that burst out of my chest as I pictured Spence riding a horse or getting his ass kicked by some goats. 

"Honey, as much as I think that's a wonderful idea let's wait until we have to cross that bridge, okay?" He smiled and placed his lips on mine again, his arms wrapping around my body. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, the rocking from him walking caused me to slide kisses across his cheeks.