I Miss Him

England's POV

I had gotten changed into my PE kit that I had bought at the shops. It was just a red and black football sports kit, if that's what it's called. I don't usually like sporty clothes, so I don't know if there is a technical term for the outfit.PE is the only time you will see me wearing something 'informal'. I was looking around at the other people in our class. There are 21 in total, not including me. They are all divided into their friend groups which just so happens to be whichever continent they're from.

When me and Scotland had walked into the sports hall Mr Brazil pointed and told us everyone's names. You have the Asians consisting of: China, North Korea, Yemen, Malaysia, Taiwan, Pakistan, India, Bahrain and Japan, there are a lot of Asian countries, not all of them seem to be getting on very well especially between India and Pakistan also some tensions between China and Taiwan.
Then you have the African countries: Rwanda and Somalia, they seem to both be quite shy.
You have the North American countries: Panama and Honduras, they appear to be talking about football, very excitedly.
Then you have the Europeans: Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, even though they aren't apart of the European Union there is Turkey and Ukraine, there are a lot of European countries as well.

Then you have me and Scotland. The classical new counties just standing there looking awkward, especially after what happened outside. We made an agreement to try not to argue as much but I can already see that failing at some point during the day. We should probably start conversation between each other but I'm not too sure how to start off. The weather's nice today? No England be more creative. What are you doing today? That's a dumb question of course I know what he's doing today! You know what forget it I'd rather just stand in silence. So that's exactly what we do.

The sports hall is big, like, really big. On the floor are painted lines different colours for different courts. Three white painted badminton courts stretch down the hall, spaces in between them. A red painted football court stretches the whole way across the hall. There are a few other court designs but I don't really recognise what sport they're for. At the end of the sports hall is a giant climbing wall stretching the width and height of the hall, it even stretches out along the ceiling so you can climb upside down on it. So cool.

As I was admiring the hall I didn't realise a country had walked up to me and Scotland.
"Hey you!"
I am startled as I wasn't paying attention and turn my head to see China and North Korea.

China was wearing a red sports kit with a golden pattern and lacing around the edges, it was quite a beautiful sports kit. He wore simple white trainers with more patterns in gold on them. His hair was tied back into a tight ponytail that rested on his shoulders.
North Korea wore a navy blue military uniform? I guess he could get away with that in PE. On his feet he wore tight black boots, that almost reflected no light. His hair was brushed neatly but not as neat as mine as I comb and gel it to make it stay neat for a good amount of the day, longer than school at least. Most countries would say he is a bit over the top with his military and, if I'm being honest with myself, I would have to agree.

China was staring directly at Scotland, his eyes slightly squinted, Scotland was doing the same. It looked as though they were about to fight and I started to get a bit nervous.
"You were in my music class weren't you?" China says still looking at Scotland and ignoring me. "You were playing those...What do you call them? ... Bagpipes that's it!" He snaps his fingers as the word comes back to his mind.
I can't help but roll my eyes, it's just something I always do when I hear the word 'bagpipes' such a dumb instrument.
"Aye I was. Your point?" Scotland asks raising an eyebrow.
"It was amazing! How everyone freaked out! All the chaos! I even got to throw my xylophone beaters and blocks at everyone! Most fun I've ever had in music!" China had a huge smirk on his face and so did North Korea.
"I wish I was there to see it." He says disappointedly.
"I 'ave to say it was pretty enjoyable." Scotland said.
I'm annoyed that I'm just being ignored so I decide to walk off and talk to someone myself, no one notices me walk off and I roll my eyes. I look at the other countries, unsure of who to talk to. It would just be easier if they came up to me.